Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor (Komine?) 105/2.8 preset
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Soligor (Komine?) 105/2.8 preset Reply with quote

This is yet another Soligor-brand product of the 1960's, apparently from later in the decade but before Soligor started selling mainly the Tokina automatic lenses.

I believe its a Komine because like my Soligor 180/3.5 it shares many of the stylistic details of Kominar lenses I have seen. This is a very standard pre-set t-mount lens. I obtained it with a Canonflex (I think) t-mount, shown in the photo. Unfortunately though it is a t-mount, it won't focus to infinity with a Pentax K or M42 t-mount, and there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust it - and I've disassembled the thing several times. It does make a rather nice portrait lens, and it does focus to about 50M (150 ft), so its no loss - and the cost was extremely low ! And who knows, one day I may aquire a Canonflex.

Its not too sharp at f/2.8, but perfectly adequate for all purposes.

The (other) bird -

crop -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update-

This gentleman -

http://www.retrocamera.net/2008/10/review-of-tele-tokina-105mm28-preset-t2/

Has this lens as a Tele-Tokina.

The resemblance is close enough that I think the ID is fairly certain.

So this is probably not a Komine but a Tokina.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Luis !

What a nice pics, man!!

I think that saw your lens in magazine at 1966-1968, with a 135, 200, 35, and perhaps 85 mm too. (in the same time that Komura sold his lens pre-set and automatics ones).

Curiosity : In this time, in Argentina Mamiya sold Troupic 500 and 1000 models, but i didn't see one in any forum nor Ebays. Well...

Regards, beauty lens. Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:

This gentleman -

http://www.retrocamera.net/2008/10/review-of-tele-tokina-105mm28-preset-t2/

Has this lens as a Tele-Tokina.

Yes I do Smile And I really like it. I think I'm going to take it out for a walk tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it doesn't focus to infinity on a Pentax, it probably won't on a Canon either. Interesting that Tokina and Komine are so similar that they can be mistaken. Things that make me go Hmmm!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with your Tele-Tokina !

Hi Bill,

I suspect it may be that my Soligor may actually have a dedicated Canon mount. Though it resembles a T-mount, may not in fact be one. It does have M42x.75 thread and the Canon mount screws off.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thing it is sharp engough for universal use...