Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor Elitar 6 inch f3.5 (Oly PEN)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Soligor Elitar 6 inch f3.5 (Oly PEN) Reply with quote

My "big gun" c mount has just entered the house Very Happy

Nice old box Wink

Hmm, well Rolling Eyes

Compared to my 3 inch

Pictures taken with Super Takumar f1.4 and flash Razz

Couple of quick samples wide open

Razz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's quite a lens! Shocked

What is the overall length, and how much do you think it weighs? Visually it looks like it should have a tripod mount for extra support... but I guess it is not needed?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice... I would love to see a picture of it mounted on your Pen.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

237mm long at infinity (255mm near focus) and not that heavy compared to it's size. It weights 390 gram. Very Happy

In comparison the 3 inch is 360 gram. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Stalwart! Reply with quote

Hail Nordentro!

You seem to be keeping this sub-forum going on your own. Well done!

I like the lens, but love the rendition provided, very natural. Many posters sometimes appropriately, boost colour and contrast to the max. Care to disclose your settings?

The weight isn't an issue as these longer lenses are mostly empty. But do you find it easy to take shots hand held? The balance is better than the 3 inch?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Movies Reply with quote

Mistaken post!

Sorry!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats, nice colors & rendering

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Stalwart! Reply with quote

pat donnelly wrote:
Hail Nordentro!

You seem to be keeping this sub-forum going on your own. Well done!

Thx, I find m 4/3 to be an interesting arena for playing with C mount lenses ! They can give you some really interesting results Very Happy

pat donnelly wrote:

I like the lens, but love the rendition provided, very natural. Many posters sometimes appropriately, boost colour and contrast to the max. Care to disclose your settings?

Pictures where taken in afternoon on a cloudy day and may explain lesser contrast and I like to keep my setting neutral Very Happy

pat donnelly wrote:

The weight isn't an issue as these longer lenses are mostly empty. But do you find it easy to take shots hand held? The balance is better than the 3 inch?

Longer lens = better balance for sure! Because of the wider grip Very Happy

@Poilu
Thx a lot!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found these samples from the 2010, with an "old" (for today) Olympus. What a picture quality, very impressive!

I wonder if this lens was tested with a more modern and wider frame camera. Did it shine even more?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
... What a picture quality, very impressive!

I wonder if this lens was tested with a more modern and wider frame camera. Did it shine even more?

Agreed, it's lovely. It would be great to see if it would stretch to apsc.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have it on the shelf and could do a test with a larger sensor.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be really interesting!