Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor Auto 55mm 1.7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Soligor Auto 55mm 1.7 Reply with quote

Does anyone have info on this lense? I have found nothing.. Its m42 if that

helps

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as the Auto Chinon, never seen a Soligor / Chinon before.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Same as the Auto Chinon, never seen a Soligor / Chinon before.

Thank you for your answer! Do you know which year it was manufactured?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure when it was made, 1970's maybe? It's also found as Auto Revuenon, and there are people who think it is a Tomioka made lens. Whoever made it, it's a decent lens.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen it as Revuenon, Reflecta also. Nice lens and good performer.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Soligor serial number codes, as best we can figure out, say it's a Tokina, which is at odds with the many people who think this lens is a Tomioka.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you all for your help! Is it a rare lense ? I think also it is a good performer but i never use it but i dont know why haha

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steso90 wrote:
thank you all for your help! Is it a rare lense ? I think also it is a good performer but i never use it but i dont know why haha

The lens itself isn't rare but the Soligor branding is not that common.
I had the Revuenon version and it was a very good lens, although mine seemed to have better glass coatings than yours shows.
T

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Steso90 wrote:

The lens itself isn't rare but the Soligor branding is not that common.
I had the Revuenon version and it was a very good lens, although mine seemed to have better glass coatings than yours shows.
T

Thank you for your information!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some images from my Revuenon branded lens.
As you can see, it is quite good even from wide open
T

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinon, wide open. I should use this lens a bit more. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Here are some images from my Revuenon branded lens.
As you can see, it is quite good even from wide open
T

Beautiful! I think im going to give mine a go today.. 😉

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a modern 50mm Soligor lens with Pentax mount. It did not get much use although it wasn't bad at all.
Always wondered why a Pentax user would buy this instead of the Pentax-M 1.7/50.....

Soligor MC 50mm f/1.7 by René Maly, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
I used to have a modern 50mm Soligor lens with Pentax mount. It did not get much use although it wasn't bad at all.
Always wondered why a Pentax user would buy this instead of the Pentax-M 1.7/50.....

There were a lot of camera names that used K-mount lenses as well as Pentax. Cosina, Chinon, Porst, Revue, Vivitar, Ricoh come to mind, and I am sure that there were lots of others.
Still - I can't image too many standard Soligors in use really
T

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
TrueLoveOne wrote:

There were a lot of camera names that used K-mount lenses as well as Pentax. Cosina, Chinon, Porst, Revue, Vivitar, Ricoh come to mind, and I am sure that there were lots of others.
Still - I can't image too many standard Soligors in use really
T

Rikenon made its own 1.7/50 and is thought to be very good. https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/rikoh-rikenon-p-50mm-f1-7.html

Lloydy wrote:
The Soligor serial number codes, as best we can figure out, say it's a Tokina, which is at odds with the many people who think this lens is a Tomioka.

Interesting thought but I doubt numbers bellow 1mil. can authenticate Tokina.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks identical to some Auto Revuenons 55/1,7 I've had, just Soligor branding must me much more scarce. Do not expect any significant relevance, either collectors or performance, and wouldn't mind selling it after doing some tests.

But don't get me wrong, these are both okay for a price/performance ratio they usually offer. For not much more money you may have f1,4 versions too.

Had some Soligor 135 lens too, quite resembling Auto Revuenon 135 lenses, but not really the same. Also that Soligor was a worst wide-open performer than Revbut I've just messed with one copy that no one wanted to buy from me for months Very Happy !

Marek

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek wrote:
...Had some Soligor 135 lens too, quite resembling Auto Revuenon 135 lenses, but not really the same. Also that Soligor was a worst wide-open performer than Revbut I've just messed with one copy that no one wanted to buy from me for months Very Happy !
Marek

There are more then 10 different Revuenon 135mm lenses produced in 35 years span thus one really cannot generalize Smile. The same goes for Soligor of course.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some test pictures taken with my Soligor 55mm 1.7 all wide open at 1.7.
I think the bokeh is pleasent and its rather sharp. All pictures taken handheld att 1/200 sek shutter så could be som shake.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek wrote:
Looks identical to some Auto Revuenons 55/1,7 I've had, just Soligor branding must me much more scarce. Do not expect any significant relevance, either collectors or performance, and wouldn't mind selling it after doing some tests.

But don't get me wrong, these are both okay for a price/performance ratio they usually offer. For not much more money you may have f1,4 versions too.

Had some Soligor 135 lens too, quite resembling Auto Revuenon 135 lenses, but not really the same. Also that Soligor was a worst wide-open performer than Revbut I've just messed with one copy that no one wanted to buy from me for months Very Happy !

Marek

yeah its a good lens but im selling it just because i have to many "medium" lenses.