Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 4.5/200 preset T mount Canon T3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: Soligor 4.5/200 preset T mount Canon T3 Reply with quote

Bought this lens recently for $14 US, because of it's small size.
I think it performs well enough. Sorry for any poor focusing. Here is lens and a few samples.
Here is the lens.

Indoor shots have contrast enhanced. 4,7and 9 are shot wide open.

Last edited by uddhava on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, uddhava, for your interesting and valuable post. I think your photos are very good, and I'm especially grateful to see your photos of the lens itself.

I am most curious to know whether your new lens has a T2 mount ("T-mount" lens), or does it have some other sort of native mount? I am like you also a fan of the preset lenses, which are special. But when buying them, the mounts oftentimes end up being a surprise.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures, I like my copy of that lens.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like one of the later "silver ring" preset series.
As far as I know all of this series were T mounts.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
Thank you, uddhava, for your interesting and valuable post. I think your photos are very good, and I'm especially grateful to see your photos of the lens itself.

I am most curious to know whether your new lens has a T2 mount ("T-mount" lens), or does it have some other sort of native mount? I am like you also a fan of the preset lenses, which are special. But when buying them, the mounts oftentimes end up being a surprise.

Thank you.
This lens only had the T mount on it. Fortunately I already had a T mount to Canon EOS adapter so I could use it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Nice pictures, I like my copy of that lens.

Thank you, glad you like them since it takes me a while to get use to new lenses.
I happy to get an endorsement of the lens too.

luisalegria wrote:
This looks like one of the later "silver ring" preset series.
As far as I know all of this series were T mounts.

Thanks for the information. The store where I purchased it thought it was a M42 mount lens. Finally I
figured out what mount it was. Can I take a T mount to M42 adapter from another lens and use it on this one?
Then I could use my macro rings with it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect that would work.
If you have the lens, its easy to check, just unscrew the mount and measure the thread. Or just try the M42 T mount.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I am trying out this lens, here are a few more shots. I sharpened the flowers.