Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 35mm f2.8 M42 mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Soligor 35mm f2.8 M42 mount Reply with quote

A 17XXXXXX serial, so possibly made by Tokina.
Anyhoo, here it is and some images from today.
OH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more image from yesterday - late afternoon down near the river:

..and a 1:1 crop near the centre.
Lens is softer at the edges

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like my Soligors, and I nearly bought one just like yours yesterday - but the focus ring was jammed solid. I might go back and make a low offer. It looks good in your pictures.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I like my Soligors, and I nearly bought one just like yours yesterday - but the focus ring was jammed solid. I might go back and make a low offer. It looks good in your pictures.

I have three Soligors, two of which were given to me - this is one of those two.
It is a better performer than I was expecting and well worth keeping - and using - of course.
I briefly owned a 105 Soligor, but the focus ring was so stiff (from dried grease, I presume) that it unwound the lens from the camera when I tried to focus. I sent it back.
This one can give sharp resolution right to the edges depending upon the aperture.
OH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a pretty good lens of its time - @1965-75, yours looks like a fairly late version, I guess 1970's.
Same as the T4 version, but there were various fixed mount ones also.
Better than most of the third party types.
Certainly better than the Tamrons of the era. Those aren't bad, but this is better.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today is Australia Day - our national day.
It is a day for celebrating our wonderful country and those attributes that all of its peoples (from almost every country on earth) bring to it.
It is a day for community
I thought that I would create a little image that celebrated a small part of the Australian lifestyle.
Soligor 2.8/35 on K-10D
Happy Australia Day to all
OH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot the BBQ and snags Laughing A great image all the same. I hope you are having a fun, sun filled family day!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
You forgot the BBQ and snags Laughing A great image all the same. I hope you are having a fun, sun filled family day!

Haha - it is now pouring rain here.
A lot of celebrations will be moving indoors I think.
Thanks Mo - enjoy the holiday
Tom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Australia Day dear my friends!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Attila.
Another "Australian" image - a towel hanging on the back verandah and a glimpse of the back yard.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunny days here,a little cloudy and strangely a very cool start to the day it only got as high as the mid twenties.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Sunny days here,a little cloudy and strangely a very cool start to the day it only got as high as the mid twenties.

Happy Australia Day to all! What a wonderful country and continent!

Here where I live it is also in the 20's on this Australia day . . . . . . . and snowing hard! Confused