Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 28mm f/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Soligor 28mm f/2 Reply with quote

Wide open Iso 400

Wide open Iso 400

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that Tokina looks VERY usable wide open! Love the baby shot Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fast for a 28mm and focus quite close to subject with soft and nice bokeh Wink
Thx for the nice comment Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought this lens, is quite good, good close-focus shaprness. I will take and post some pics soon Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karabud wrote:
I recently bought this lens, is quite good, good close-focus shaprness. I will take and post some pics soon Smile

I would love to see some pics Very Happy

Here are a few more from me on a cold bad weather day Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Soligor C/D lens was included in a camera package I bought. I was delightfully surprised by its performance. It has become my only non-Canon lens in my system of FD lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be a good lens!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 28/2 and 35/2 are my favorite Soligor lenses and among my favorite old manual focus lenses I own. I find that I am very often picking them up to shoot with despite having a number of options. The central sharpness is good, and while the edges can be pretty rough, they are exactly what I want when shooting lenses with "character" as they say. And I agree with the close focus being a great strength of these lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justtorchit wrote:
The 28/2 and 35/2 are my favorite Soligor lenses and among my favorite old manual focus lenses I own. I find that I am very often picking them up to shoot with despite having a number of options. The central sharpness is good, and while the edges can be pretty rough, they are exactly what I want when shooting lenses with "character" as they say. And I agree with the close focus being a great strength of these lenses.

A very nice lens. This is what I am missing in the Soligor premium line.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of these Soligors for a long time, it was a lovely lens that I really wanted to get good results from - but never did. I kept going back to it, tried it with a different adaptor on my NEX5 and A6000. still no good, no shot was sharp. So I sold it mounted on a Minolta XD7, sold it cheaply.

I always hoped that lens would 'work', and looking at the pictures in this topic it's apparent that it is a good lens, mine was obviously a bad copy. I shall get another someday.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is made by Tokina? I have a couple of old Tokina lenses and I've been quite impressed by their high quality.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
This is made by Tokina? I have a couple of old Tokina lenses and I've been quite impressed by their high quality.

Yep. Soligor lens manufacturer codes can be found here:

https://www.apotelyt.com/photo-lens/soligor-catalog

Also, there was another thread on this where I posted a few images of the 28/2 and 35/2 with the Tokina brand. Here:

http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-p-dream-team-t79324.html

Great, fun lenses!