Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 28mm f/2.8 preset (M42)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Soligor 28mm f/2.8 preset (M42) Reply with quote

I have added a new page with test shots to my "website". Today, I took some shots with the Soligor 28mm f/2.8 on a Pentax K100d. Test shots available here. Lens construction is solid, it feels good in the hand, very smooth focussing but using a preset aperture ring. Optical quality not stellar, sharp from f/5.6 on but also CA becoming visible. The lens I have is in very good condition.

I'm not sure whether I want to keep it... If you like it, send me a pm with an offer. Otherwise I'll store it for UV/IR experiments later in the year.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks to from the same generation as my 135mm Soligor. Mine too is a preset one but its a T mount and I bought it together with a M42 mount/adapter. I think yours too is a T mount one and has that M42 mount fitted and fixed with 3 (lateral) screws Smile . So you could buy a T2->K Pentax mount and replace it and have a native K Pentax Soligor lens Wink But again, if you say its not a so good lens I don't know if it will worth the effort.
http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00Lml7
Today I picked up from the post offime my T2-K pentax adapter for my 135mm lens ( http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-135mm-f2-8-t-mount-t4818.html ). I'll inform you about it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, mine has 2 lateral screw Wink When I was looking for information on Soligor lenses, I found out about the T-mount and unscrewed the M42-adapter, but noticed that the previous owner only put two of them instead of three Shocked

The lens is so-so and its performance fails to impress me, though its look, build and general presentation are quite nice.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a Soligor 28mm f/2.8 lens. (C/D, MC, auto-wide)

At the bottom there is a marking of MD, therefore I guess this for Minolta camera.

I wonder is there any way to modify (or with the helo of adaptor) this so that I can use on other camara (such as Konica) ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you here BoonKang!