Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 200mm f3.3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it is made by Makina - that series of Hanimex lenses are Makinas, there will be a Makinon branded version too.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Hanimex like to me also, I still have it, mine was crappy performer on G1, not a big surprise , camera not good either, I did love colors.

That is interesting,I will take it out on the K-01 today as the battery is fully charged. It is a heavy lens and putting it on the G1 you certainly need the tripod to steady it.

K-01 "test" images here http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1403326.html#1403326

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncommon opening.
I have a Soligor 3.5/200 but it has a completely different look, with the "ears" ring design.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Uncommon opening.
I have a Soligor 3.5/200 but it has a completely different look, with the "ears" ring design.

That's the one I have, not a bad lens either.

I saw one of these 3.3 lenses at the camera fair, and someone else was handing over £10 for it. I think they got a bargain.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very surprised by the quality of the images taken with this lens - even from wide open.
Many of the samples that I have posted were taken at full aperture.
Now, I have seen samples taken by the Soligor 2.8/200 at full aperture or close to it, and I honestly think that this lens is as good as or better at 3.3 than the 2.8/200 at around the same opening.
It would be one to keep an eye out for - especially as prices for this lens are normally quite reasonable.
OH

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The soligor 3.3/200 is certainly better than the poor old hanimex 3.3/200. However I did like the smoothness of the Hanimex wide open.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
The soligor 3.3/200 is certainly better than the poor old hanimex 3.3/200. However I did like the smoothness of the Hanimex wide open.

Actually Mo, I was going to comment on your other post but got busy - I don't think it is too bad at all.
Your distance shot was sharp enough just hazy with the smoke.
The closer up pictures look plenty sharp to me.
OH

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a little more time getting to know the lens would help,2 days of quick pointing and shooting does not work in its favour. Very Happy Your lens performed better than I expected.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:

Mo. Greetings from the U.S. I think you've run head first into sample variation and advanced age with your Hanimex. Perhaps Old Hand got an exceptionally good example and you were less lucky. Makina made lenses were usually at the lower end of the price spectrum and consistent quality was not one of their priorities.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makinons were at the bottom of the price spectrum and the quality was frequently terrible. I remember the 2.8/28 I had was really bad, as were a couple of zooms I tried.

I expect QC was one area where they cut costs.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO Soligor is #1 on the underrated lens brands list.
very nice photos OH, well done !

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the greetings, I would reply in kind but I am not sure of your first name...I should know it by now,I have been here long enough. Embarassed Very Happy

I guess the build style of both the Hanimex and Soligor is up there when it comes to handling...short and compact.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Thank you for the greetings, I would reply in kind but I am not sure of your first name.

William. Call me "Bill". It took me a while to realize Mo was short for Moira. I first saw that name in a book set in Australia, On The Beach by Nevil Shute.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill, I have not read the book, but seeing he is from England I can see where he got the name from.