Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 200mm CD 2.8 P first test shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Soligor 200mm CD 2.8 P first test shots Reply with quote

Found it in the local antique shop with a bent minolta mount
No use to me in that mount anyway, so i decided to rework the mount to m42 manual aperture

Some brass stock, an old 2x tele mount in m42 and a few hours of measuring, cutting assemble,cut test dismantle ,cut again ,test infinity focus (damn not yet!) disassemble cut, test again......................

It is not very sharp wide open
Lots of fringing in high contrast areas
MFD is about 2.2 meter
it is a heavy piece of metal
But it MELTS the background like butter!!

My test frog "Bokeh" on his last shoot (dropped him down the stairs by accident)

shooting into the light

3 jars of chilli and garlic

Some weeds in the garden

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like mostly the last one, but all of them show good bokeh without double-lining artifacts.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made by Tokina in 1974/1975

The first c/d (compact design) batch was mainly tokina made and included
28/2 + 35/2 + 55/2.8 (certainly komine made) + 100/2.8 (??) + 135/2 + 200/2.8 + 80/200-3.5 (certainly makinon made) + 35/105-3.5 + 100/300-5 + 70/220-3.5

Last edited by PBFACTS on Sat May 08, 2010 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this lens too it wasn't spectacular but I remember for better result.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PBFACTS wrote:

The first c/d (compact design)

I thought it stood for computer designed ?

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got one in nikon mount but haven't really tested it... yet

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
PBFACTS wrote:

NO , C/D stans for Compact/Design because soligor (aic) gaves this name to this high-end series because the first c/d batch was AS compact (or big) AS previous soligor lenses but one stop MORE open (ie 2.0 instead of 2.8 )

Last edited by PBFACTS on Mon May 10, 2010 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The UK importer certainly promoted the "CD" designation as meaning "Computer Design" . . . although that could have been their own idea, I suppose.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a mint copy with Konica AR mount.
I use it on the micro 4/3 GF1 with an adapter, and I agree: The background diffussing is great.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your shots are a bit OOF... in the 1st shot i see a part of the wall in focus, and looks more in focus than the other shots.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PBFACTS wrote:
CarbonR wrote:
PBFACTS wrote:

NO , C/D stans for Compact/Design because soligor (aic) gaves this name to this high-end series because the first c/d batch was AS compact (or big) AS previous soligor lenses but one stop MORE open (ie 2.0 instead of 2.8 )

Interesting. I always knew it as computer design too. Where did you get this information?

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

Interesting. I always knew it as computer design too. Where did you get this information?

From Soligor ADS AND leaflets

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are the ads & leaflets?

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks GREAT on the GF1 ! Shocked Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Where are the ads & leaflets?

At Home !

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: CD computer Reply with quote

I have all the original information from my 45 to 150 CD Soligor lens. I have the box, lens instructions, and brochure on Computer Designed lenses. It even states in the lens instructions that this is the New line of Soligor lenses that are computer designed hence the CD designation. I can probably get that scanned if you need to see it to believe.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: CD computer Reply with quote

kacansas03 wrote:
I have all the original information from my 45 to 150 CD Soligor lens. I have the box, lens instructions, and brochure on Computer Designed lenses. It even states in the lens instructions that this is the New line of Soligor lenses that are computer designed hence the CD designation. I can probably get that scanned if you need to see it to believe.

On my leaflets as well as on old ads there is clearly indicated "Compact Design" .. What is the Soligor truth ?

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: CD computer Reply with quote

PBFACTS wrote:
kacansas03 wrote:

On my leaflets as well as on old ads there is clearly indicated "Compact Design" .. What is the Soligor truth ?

My guess would be both are true. Must have made some lenses to be more compact. Also must have made some lenses with computer design help. It even could be that Both designations apply to a Soligor lens labeled with a C/D. Also I remember that some of these were labeled CD while others were C/D

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: CD computer Reply with quote

kacansas03 wrote:
Also must have made some lenses with computer design help. It even could be that Both designations apply to a Soligor lens labeled with a C/D.

When C/D lenses were displayed : 1975/1975 : ALL NEW lenses (including of course the viv S1 and soligor C/D) were computer designed but not all the lenses SOLD at that period were computer designed (ie : you could still buy the old soligor lenses or the big Tamron adaptamic)

The CD // Computer Design was certainly a gimmick to cleary explain the a difference beetween generations
The C/D // Compact Design was a more clear name for the difference beetween generations but the Soligor problem was that later the C/d did not mean anything
In the 1980 you had the Soligor C/D , U/S , G/S ... lines which depends in fact of the manufacturer and no more in the quality or the compact design

kacansas03 wrote:
Also I remember that some of these were labeled CD while others were C/D

I never saw a CD lenses but some (Stupid Soligor !!!) lenses were C/D or not C/D (ie : the 35/70 2.5-3.5 which was sold with both designations)