Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 2.8 28 Wide Auto & 135 2.8 Tele Auto
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Soligor 2.8 28 Wide Auto & 135 2.8 Tele Auto Reply with quote

I just won on Ebay a Soligor 2.8 28 Wide Auto Ser # 478xxxx. I haven't found a good picture of a manufacturor 4 code lens, so I can't wait to see what it is.
So this lens should be manufacturor code 4 made in 1978.

Next lens is a 2.8 135 Tele Auto Ser# 278xxxx.
So this lens should be manufacturor code 2 (Sun) made in 1978.

Last is a Auto Tele Converter 2X in Canon FD.
So I'm guessing all lenses are in Fd.I'm looking for a Canon A1, or AE1, so it dosen't matter.
Click here to see on Ebay

Last edited by walter g on Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:30 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably both Sun, Walter. If I had seen they were Canon FD I might have out bid you for them!

Bill

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Showing my ignorance once again -- what's this code business?

I owned a Soligor 85-300 2-touch zoom back in the 1980s. Bought it new in about 1984 I guess. Looked just like this one, cept in Canon FD:

Click here to see on Ebay

Didn't care much for it. Sold it and bought a Tamron SP 60-300. Would my old Soligor have been a code-something?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find Walter!

I'm guessing the first digit of Sun-made Soligors might refer to glass-making materials source/composition used for the production run, and/or possibly small changes in internal mechanics/materials -- they wanted to track and source any performance/problems. Sun appears to have had a highly technical/scientific orientation in the design/engineering department.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch,
Manufacturor code. I will edit my post to add that word so it makes more sense.

The lens you posted a link to is Manufacturur code 3 (Sun) built in 1980.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

casualcollector wrote:
Probably both Sun, Walter. If I had seen they were Canon FD I might have out bid you for them!

Bill

Bill, you would have. My top bid was only $8.78. Laughing
I wouldn't mind in the least if they were both Sun. I like Sun lenses. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Nice find Walter!

I'm guessing the first digit of Sun-made Soligors might refer to glass-making materials source/composition used for the production run, and/or possibly small changes in internal mechanics/materials -- they wanted to track and source any performance/problems. Sun appears to have had a highly technical/scientific orientation in the design/engineering department.

Thanks. Smile
That would make sense.That would give a reson as to why they used multiple codes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received them today.I just don't understand it. I bid on lenses with the worst pictures and descriptions and keep getting lucky. Shocked
These are mint.
The 2.8 135 has a sliding hood. They are like I asumed FD mount.
I managed to snap one quick pic before my camera battery died.I don't see a brand name on the cases, but they are best I've seen. Providing you like over-padded cases that actually protect the lenses. Smile
Really happy with these. Very Happy Now I just need to buy A Canon camera so I can shoot with them. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In won't be able to buy a Canon for a while, so if anyone has used either lens in this style, please tell me how you liked them.