Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 180mm 3.5 loose mount .... FIXED
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Soligor 180mm 3.5 loose mount .... FIXED Reply with quote

i have just acquired this lens, its the chrome eared version 8xxx serial. problems: loose mount section, oily blades. Not clear how to disassemble this one. so far by loosening the grub screws on the focus ring I have managed to lose infinity focus... Sad
There is another screw that I think provides access to a screw under the focus ring. No screws at the mount end.

Any ideas?

Last edited by marcusBMG on Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have the same lens and same looseness problem. That one is missing the T-adapter, right?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I left off the t-mount for the pic.
Looking at the mount end there is a ring with two small holes in that look like they are for a custom spanner. It looks a bit like a bearing housing .. ??

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looseness between lens sections, including the mount, is something that's plagued me in the past. Sorry, I've no fix. I did post on this a while back, here:

http://forum.mflenses.com/broken-back-lenses-t65367,highlight,%2Bbroken+%2Bback.html

Doubt there's any help for you there. But you might want to read the thread anyway, just on background.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Progress! Reply with quote

I have now figured out:
1. fully extend the lens
2. loosen/remove the 3 grub screws on the focus sleeve and the sleeve can be pushed up exposing the three yellow screws one of which is circled in red.

Tightening these screws should fix the loose mount kansalliskala, guardian. Now I have to figure out how to separate the helicoid to clean it and the iris. There is leaking gunk all around the iris housing.

Last edited by marcusBMG on Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Got this lens sussed Reply with quote

Here is outline is how to fix a loose mount and access the iris on this soligor.

1. There are no screws on the mount end. There is instead a collar that needs a needle pointed lens spanner to unscrew. However unless there is a problem with the aperture rings there is no need to start disassembling the mount - it detaches as a unit.

2. To do so, locate the grub screw on the lens barrel above the focus sleeve, loosen it and now the front end of the lens can be unscrewed and separated. Note: may take some oomph to get started. Now loosen/remove the 3 grub screws on the focus sleeve, and a larger stop screw. The sleeve can now be slid up and off. The mount end is attached with 3 brass slotted screws. It is normally these screws that are loose if the mount is wobbly. Remove these and detach the mount.

3. To separate the helicoid, two wee guide rails are located in two slots. Remove these - 2 screws per rail. The helicoid can now be unscrewed completely. To clean the iris I removed the rear element and douched the whole assembly in solvent.

4. Reassembly is a simple reversal. To re-engage the helicoid I used the guide rail positions to align it, lining up with the slots. Resetting infinity focus was no problem.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixing the loose mount went well, Thanks. Mine isn't a T-mount Just M42 attached with three grub screws, no T-thread under there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Fixing the loose mount went well, Thanks. Mine isn't a T-mount Just M42 attached with three grub screws, no T-thread under there.

That will be a T mount (or T1) T2 had the screw. Some soviet lenses have a T1 mount like the Tair FS 300mm