Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 135mm f/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Soligor 135mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

Here is some images. You can find the lens photos at http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-vivitar-and-takumar-t18471.html.

I use a Nikon D80 and the lens is M42 mount. Unfortunatly I can't remember the correct f stop I guess around 2.8 and 4.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice close ups! I am surprised, how close it goes, is it a macro lens?

Gerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JoeCool,

Thanks!

It's not a macro lens. It is a M42 mount and I am using it in a D80, I loose the infinite focus but the minimum focus distance is smaller than the usual. Can you understand my bad English? Despite the lens indicate 1,5 meters, in the reality I can shoot around 0,50 meters.

Last edited by FernandoB12 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fernando,
Love that first shot ! sharp & colorful....Any post processing?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott,
Thanks!!
Yes, I shot RAW, but only a little bit exposure and temperature. It was first time with the lens and it tends to blue tones. It was in the shadow. The image above was receiving sunlight derectly and didn't tend to blue.
Regards

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set of shots,I have one that I use on my Canon and its a cracking little lens.Soligor was another of those brands that got an undeserved bad press

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, excelents pics. Congratulations!

But I have to say that in 135 mm (like others distance focal too) I only see very good quality pics here, with a very, very few exceptions.

The sonnars and tessars designs (with a little quantity of planars ones) are knowed schames that was well made by almost all the lenses makers.

But ut supra said not affect that your soligor lens is a beauty pics maker.

Rino.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks CaptainPenguin and Rino.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens came with my Miranda Sensomat and I have been slow to use it on digital.
Here are some images made with it today.
It is the earlier Tokina made T4 lens.
Tom

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
This lens came with my Miranda Sensomat and I have been slow to use it on digital.

You have the perfect light. Very nice photos Happy Dog

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Here are some images made with it today.
It is the earlier Tokina made T4 lens.
Tom

Nice ones. I like backlit photos a lot.