Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 135mm 3.5 Komura variant - did I get a lemon?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody is an expert, we are all speculating on this stuff.

Yeah, this is a considerably earlier lens than the known Komura branded presets with star shaped apertures.
Things may have been different then.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that one. It was a 3.5 of course.
A for Angenieux?

I never heard of a Angenieux Soligor, but who knows? I have even seen a Carl Meyer lens branded as Soligor.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no chance Angenieux will made lenses for Soligor. I know Angenieux did made some lenses for used in Kodak camera.

Here is a Soligor 105mm F3.5 with K serial. Any one know who made it?
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyoei
Had this as Petri and Soligor.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Kyoei
Had this as Petri and Soligor.

Thanks Luis. As with many Kyoei, this lens is pretty similar to the Komura 3.5/105 which both are triplet.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJB wrote:
guardian, there is a small scrape on the barrel near the front element but it's not dented. That's the only visible defect I can discern.

Luis, it does not have a star pattern. It looks like an even-sided polygon across the range. I would provide a photo but it is too dark to take a decent one; I can try tomorrow.

To everybody else, thanks for the advice; I will return it. To attempt to repair it sounds like it would be cost prohibitive at best and futile at worst.

In the mean time, I will play with my new-to-me Isco Gottingen 135/3.5. The few test shots I took yesterday look promising.

I have the ISCO Westanar 3.5/135 and it is one of my two best for bokeh, along with Tair. I'd appreciate seeing which one you have.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With pleasure. I like the colors and contrast. Easy to focus. And so tiny! Mine has Exakta mount.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. I would have liked one of those older ones. Mine is plastic.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very heavy for its size. Very satisfying to use. I got this one on ebay for a relatively modest price. Maybe one will come to you too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJB wrote:
With pleasure. I like the colors and contrast. Easy to focus. And so tiny! Mine has Exakta mount.

Have this one too and it is one of my favorite 135mm. It is compact and well built with decent sharpness and nice rendering as you say Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Komura made a few m39 Kyoei branded lenses too, so this may be a Komura after all Surprised

But "A" serial is a mistery...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lars, didnt mean yours, meant Calvins 105
That one looks like Kyoei made lenses I have had.
Yours, I have no idea.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Hi Lars, didnt mean yours, meant Calvins 105
That one looks like Kyoei made lenses I have had.
Yours, I have no idea.

Ah, that is very Petrish for sure Very Happy
I sometimes read threads to fast Laughing