Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 1:2.8 f=28mm -- 21+ Versions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: KA code Reply with quote

Hi, first time poster, have been reading this and other threads with some interest, and may have something to add, and, to further muddy the waters, as it were. I recently bid on a Soligor 100-200mm F/5.6, pictured below, Serial # KA-101212

A further search showed a Kawanon lens, very similar, and even having a similar serial#:

Based on this, KA could also be Kawanon. Interestingly, I thought the lens was so distinctively styled it would not have been made by a different manufacturer, but on another post in'The Big Soligor Thread" this picture showing a '9' serial was posted (sorry, I don't know how to link directly to the post)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: KA code Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:
Hi, first time poster, have been reading this and other threads with some interest, and may have something to add, and, to further muddy the waters, as it were. I recently bid on a Soligor 100-200mm F/5.6, pictured below, Serial # KA-101212

A further search showed a Kawanon lens, very similar, and even having a similar serial#:

Based on this, KA could also be Kawanon. Interestingly, I thought the lens was so distinctively styled it would not have been made by a different manufacturer, but on another post in'The Big Soligor Thread" this picture showing a '9' serial was posted (sorry, I don't know how to link directly to the post)

Welcome Alun Thomas