Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 1:2.8 f=28mm -- 21+ Versions
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
mount, serial # prefix, closest focus distance, diaphragm operation, color of distance scale in feet, owner
...
T4, '175', 0.3m, auto, ??? (RioRico)

correction/update:

NI, '175', 0.3m, auto, grn (RioRico)

Here is the updated list. Perhaps it needs re-sorting.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Listing of 2.8/28 Soligor examples:

mount, serial # prefix, closest focus distance, diaphragm operation, color of distance scale in feet, owner

T2, 'H63', 0.45m, preset, org (walter g)
T2, 'H68', 0.45m, preset, org (visualopsins)

CS, '168', 0.45m, auto, yel (visualopsins)

T4, '168', ????m, ????, ??? (luisalgeria)

T4, '169', 0.45m, auto, grn (visualopsins)

T4, '171', 0.3m, auto, grn (visualosins)
T4, '171', 0.3m, auto, grn (Pancolart)
NI, '175', 0.3m, auto, grn (RioRico)
42, '173', 0.3m, auto, grn (Kathmandu)
T4, '176', 0.3m, auto, grn (Mo)

FL, '171', 0.3m, auto, yel (Scheimpflug)
42, '17?', 0.3m, auto, yel (Pancolart)

NI, '276', 0.4m, auto, grn (visualopsins)
42, '276', 0.4m, auto, grn (Kathmandu)
PK, '277', ???m, auto, grn (Pancolart)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

This exercise prompted me to check my other lenses, and behold! I may have a cousin here, looking very much like Pancolart's Upsilon. It's badged as Vivitar. Odd -- although it's just 10g lighter than my NI Soligor, it 'feels' less hefty, less dense. I haven't fondled enough comparable 28's or Soligors to know if this is significant. Anyway, the lens:

Around the front: AUTO Vivitar WIDE-ANGLE 28mm 1:2.8 No. 3718742

Other: T4 (M42) auto, cf= 0.3m, Meter= red, Feet= white, min-app= f/16, thread= 52mm, weight= 260g.


PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weight difference! T4 '169' is 238g and '171' is 236g. I suppose a small additional element might weigh 2g; that or optical re-design shaved 2g off total elements weight. (no time for photo comparison yet Sad)


PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

* UPDATED* H7 added
Soligor Codes

1 = Tokina
2 = Sun
3 = Sun
6 = Komine
H6 = Komine
H7= Tokina
H37 = Kawanon?


PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: 'H' serial number prefixes

I wonder if the 'H' stands for Hoya, that Allied Impex subcontracted Hoya who then subcontracted with various manufacturers Sun, Komine, Tokina, etc.? Could explain the many manufacturers and brands of 'H' serial prefix lenses.


PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Re: 'H' serial number prefixes

I wonder if the 'H' stands for Hoya, that Allied Impex subcontracted Hoya who then subcontracted with various manufacturers Sun, Komine, Tokina, etc.? Could explain the many manufacturers and brands of 'H' serial prefix lenses.


That would make sense.

H prefix brands:
Focal
Soligor
Sun
Vemar

Anyone know of any other H prefix lenses?


PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Lentar Automount lenses have H serials.


PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
Updated list.
H prefix brands:

Lentar
Focal
Soligor
Sun
Vemar

Anyone know of any other H prefix lenses?


PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Thank you.
Updated list.
H prefix brands:

Lentar
Focal
Soligor
Sun
Vemar

Anyone know of any other H prefix lenses?


I have a 35mm/2.8 Soligor preset that starts with H48xxx. It is an m42 mount.


PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue wrote:
walter g wrote:
Thank you.
Updated list.
H prefix brands:

Lentar
Focal
Soligor
Sun
Vemar

Anyone know of any other H prefix lenses?


I have a 35mm/2.8 Soligor preset that starts with H48xxx. It is an m42 mount.


Thanks Blue! Cool M42 mount makes the generation count 6. Can we see a photo please? Is it the same body as the H6 Komine preset leftmost in first post second photo? The H6 is a T-mount with T-M42 adapter.


Last edited by visualopsins on Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total


PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have the Soligor 135/2.8 H667*** M42 mount Tele-Auto

Last edited by mo on Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total


PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Soligor 300mm f5.5 in M42 mount with the serial number 312831. Can anyone tell me who manufactured this lens?


PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
I have a Soligor 300mm f5.5 in M42 mount with the serial number 312831. Can anyone tell me who manufactured this lens?

From 5th post in this thread
walter g wrote:
37 = Kawanon ?
38 = Sun
Sun? A photo of lens would be helpful.


PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I also have the Soligor 135/2.8 H667*** M42 mount Tele-Auto


Komine


PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
DigiChromeEd wrote:
I have a Soligor 300mm f5.5 in M42 mount with the serial number 312831. Can anyone tell me who manufactured this lens?

From 5th post in this thread
walter g wrote:
37 = Kawanon ?
38 = Sun
Sun? A photo of lens would be helpful.


Here is the lens:




PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now let's make this mess even bigger (or possibly clearfy something).

I found 2 more 28mm in my tobecleaned box. Serial # starting with 77 and 27. They could easily be put into same family then big&heavy zoom 4.5/70-235, one of my favorite wides 3.8/21mm, and really good built 5.5/300mm serial: 17107973, much more fat version (compared to Edgars). All family on 5th photo.

Let me add two more. Later MC 4.5/300mm (left side of photo 6). Serial 37... (this one looks the same as all C/D series - i also have 200mm and 400mm). And finally funny slim T2 #H76... Second from the right on last photo. Anyway Soligor rocks Smile!











PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:

I found 2 more 28mm in my tobecleaned box. Serial # starting with 77 and 27. They could easily be put into same family then big&heavy zoom 4.5/70-235...


These 3 seems to be SUN, others are different.


PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Blue wrote:
walter g wrote:
Thank you.
Updated list.
H prefix brands:

Lentar
Focal
Soligor
Sun
Vemar

Anyone know of any other H prefix lenses?


I have a 35mm/2.8 Soligor preset that starts with H48xxx. It is an m42 mount.


Thanks Blue! Cool M42 mount makes the generation count 6. Can we see a photo please? Is it the same body as the H6 Komine preset leftmost in first post second photo? The H6 is a T-mount with T-M42 adapter.


I'll make some images later to day to post. It looks very much like the first lens in your 1st image in this thread.


PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find I have two H-prefix lenses:

Lentar Super-Lentar -- 21/3.8 -- M42 # H712456
Hanimex Tele-Auto -- 135/2.8 -- M42 # H678100

So, add Hanimex to the Tokina list. Smile

And I'm curious about other letter-prefix serials. Excluding Europeans:

Lentar Auto Super -- 25/3.5 -- M42 # C26039
Toyo Five Star MC -- 28/2.8 -- M42 # L675635
Focal MC Auto -- 135/2.8 -- KR(PK) # K85117837


PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a preset Super Lentar 28mm with Exakta/Topcon mount H59448 on e(vil)-bay.

Click here to see on Ebay


PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
big&heavy zoom 4.5/70-235

This Soligor I have as well Serial 671**** M42 mount..I agree very heavy.
I also have the T4 M42 mount Serial 1766**** 90-230mm


PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RioRico wrote:

And I'm curious about other letter-prefix serials. Excluding Europeans:

Lentar Auto Super -- 25/3.5 -- M42 # C26039
Toyo Five Star MC -- 28/2.8 -- M42 # L675635
Focal MC Auto -- 135/2.8 -- KR(PK) # K85117837


I think the C on your Lentar indicates Cimko. A diamond outline reference mark for the distance and aperture scales is another Cimko characteristic.

Bill


PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


* Updated list added FD, '478', 0.4m, auto, grn ( walter g) *

Listing of 2.8/28 Soligor examples:

mount, serial # prefix, closest focus distance, diaphragm operation, color of distance scale in feet, owner

T2, 'H63', 0.45m, preset, org (walter g)
T2, 'H68', 0.45m, preset, org (visualopsins)

CS, '168', 0.45m, auto, yel (visualopsins)

T4, '168', ????m, ????, ??? (luisalgeria)

T4, '169', 0.45m, auto, grn (visualopsins)

T4, '171', 0.3m, auto, grn (visualosins)
T4, '171', 0.3m, auto, grn (Pancolart)
NI, '175', 0.3m, auto, grn (RioRico)
42, '173', 0.3m, auto, grn (Kathmandu)
T4, '176', 0.3m, auto, grn (Mo)

FL, '171', 0.3m, auto, yel (Scheimpflug)
42, '17?', 0.3m, auto, yel (Pancolart)

NI, '276', 0.4m, auto, grn (visualopsins)
42, '276', 0.4m, auto, grn (Kathmandu)
PK, '277', ???m, auto, grn (Pancolart)

FD, '478', 0.4m, auto, grn (walter g)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


* Updated list added FD, '478', 0.4m, auto, grn ( walter g) *

Listing of 2.8/28 Soligor examples:

mount, serial # prefix, closest focus distance, diaphragm operation, color of distance scale in feet, owner

T2, 'H63', 0.45m, preset, org (walter g)
T2, 'H68', 0.45m, preset, org (visualopsins)

CS, '168', 0.45m, auto, yel (visualopsins)

T4, '168', ????m, ????, ??? (luisalgeria)

T4, '169', 0.45m, auto, grn (visualopsins)

T4, '171', 0.3m, auto, grn (visualosins)
T4, '171', 0.3m, auto, grn (Pancolart)
NI, '175', 0.3m, auto, grn (RioRico)
42, '173', 0.3m, auto, grn (Kathmandu)
T4, '176', 0.3m, auto, grn (Mo)

FL, '171', 0.3m, auto, yel (Scheimpflug)
42, '17?', 0.3m, auto, yel (Pancolart)

NI, '276', 0.4m, auto, grn (visualopsins)
42, '276', 0.4m, auto, grn (Kathmandu)
PK, '277', ???m, auto, grn (Pancolart)

FD, '478', 0.4m, auto, grn (walter g)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


..... DISCLAMER THIS IS A WORKING LIST......
..... IT MAY CHANGE AS NEW EVIDENCE IS FOUND.....
(thanks Walter)

Listing of 2.8/28 Soligor examples:

mount, serial # prefix, closest focus distance, diaphragm operation, color of distance scale in feet, owner

Komine T2 Preset
============
T2, 'H63', 0.45m, preset, org (walter g)
T2, 'H68', 0.45m, preset, org (visualopsins)

Tokina CS Auto, same mfd as T2 Preset
==========================
CS, '168', 0.45m, auto, yel (visualopsins)

Tokina T4 auto, same mfd as T2 Preset and CS Auto
==================================
T4, '168', ????m, ????, ??? (luisalgeria)
T4, '169', 0.45m, auto, grn (visualopsins)

Tokina T4 auto new mfd
================
T4, '171', 0.3m, auto, grn (visualosins)
T4, '171', 0.3m, auto, grn (Pancolart)
T4, '176', 0.3m, auto, grn (Mo)

Tokina Fixed auto, same mfd as T4 Auto new mfd
================================
FL, '171', 0.3m, auto, yel (Scheimpflug)
42, '173', 0.3m, auto, grn (Kathmandu)
NI, '175', 0.3m, auto, grn (RioRico)
42, '17?', 0.3m, auto, yel (Pancolart)

Sun Fixed auto new mfd
================
NI, '276', 0.4m, auto, grn, 62mm (visualopsins)
42, '276', 0.4m, auto, grn, ??mm (Kathmandu)
PK, '277', ???m, auto, grn, ??mm (Pancolart)

Sun Fixed auto new mfg(?), same mfd as Fixed auto new mfd
=======================================
FD, '478', 0.4m, auto, grn, 58mm (walter g)


Last edited by visualopsins on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:42 am; edited 5 times in total


PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the number 478 lens.


[/b]


PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new version(!), 478 looks similar in design to 276 but with 58mm instead of 62mm filter size. Edited list.