Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 1:2.8 f=28mm -- 21+ Versions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:07 am    Post subject: soligor 28mm optical design or parts manual Reply with quote

Can any one provide me the Optical Design or parts manual of Soligor 28mm f2.8 wide auto or Tokina 28mm f2.8 Wide-auto??Its urgent..Thank you

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another version of the CD/wide auto 28mm 2.8 with 55mm filter ring, SN 2805111.

This has a Konica AR mount.

Compared to the image on the first page of this thread, the focusing ring has identical markings and knurled ring appears to be same size, design, and texture.

The markings on the aperture ring are different. It has 28mm at the front instead of at the end. At the end is EE in green. EE was used in early renditions of Konica AR lenses (early 70s or thereabouts?) but fairly quickly shifted to AE. The part with the markings is recessed and smooth all the way around.

Here are some images of the lens:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just noticed a Soligor with H34XXX serial.
Not a Kawanon(?) as that is maybe H37XXX
Maybe it is simply a H3XXXX serial.
Sooooo what then ...................
Picture to come.
OH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Picture to come.
OH

OK here are some piccies.
Not a 28mm but interesting for its serial number nonetheless.
Again - not my lens - but images borrowed from an ebay listing for reference purposes.
OH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:09 am    Post subject: Help me identify this Soligor? Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!
I'm glad to have found this thread while searching google for info on this lens I picked up the other day.
I'm completely unfamiliar with the lens mount, and I couldn't find any info on one exactly like it anywhere in the 15 pages (although, one of you had a picture that looked like mine!)

Soligor 28mm Auto-Wide, 58mm filter, 173xxxxx serial no.,

Any thoughts on the mount type?
All help is much appreciated!
Thanks!
-Daniel

P.S. - Sorry for the quick iphone photos of the lens.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird..my photos seem to be broken?
I tried with photobucket as well as the built in uploader.
Am I doing something wrong?
-Daniel

EDIT: Now they seem to be appearing! Not sure what was happening.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daniel, welcome to the forum. Smile

You can't post photos or links in your first post, an anti-spam measure. You'll be ok from now on.

Your lens, although branded Soligor, was manufactured by Tokina as denoted by the serial number starting with 17. On a cropped sensor camera it shouldn't be a bad performer stopped down a few stops. The mount is Canon FD.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: soligor 28mm optical design or parts manual Reply with quote

tezomoy wrote:
Can any one provide me the Optical Design or parts manual of Soligor 28mm f2.8 wide auto or Tokina 28mm f2.8 Wide-auto??Its urgent..Thank you

Welcome tezomoy!

There are over 21 versions, including several by Tokina. If you post a photo of the lens we might be able to help you. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Picture to come.
OH

OK here are some piccies.
Not a 28mm but interesting for its serial number nonetheless.
Again - not my lens - but images borrowed from an ebay listing for reference purposes.
OH

I though to myself "that's exactly the same as mine" - then I looked at it. The numbers has the H prefix, and it's not that far apart either; about 8,000. But there are a lot of differences.
The front name ring, all different. Smallest aperture f16 on my lens, f22 on the ebay listed one, and they go in opposite directions. Also the stop down ring is different. The focus distance scale is tapered on my lens, and parrallel on the ebay lens. The focus mark is different, and the engravings are different colours. The focus ring is shorter on mine, as is the plain bit between the aperture ring and the front edge of the lens.
Which proves very little I know, other than sorting out who made what for Soligor a nightmare. Small differences could easily be an evolutionary thing in the manufacturing, but why would they change something like the rotation of the aperture ring?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Hi Daniel, welcome to the forum. Smile

You can't post photos or links in your first post, an anti-spam measure. You'll be ok from now on.

Your lens, although branded Soligor, was manufactured by Tokina as denoted by the serial number starting with 17. On a cropped sensor camera it shouldn't be a bad performer stopped down a few stops. The mount is Canon FD.

Hi DigiChrome!
Thanks for the response, and sorry for my late reply.
That makes sense about the photos.

I was afraid the mount might be an FD! I've got a Canon 6D and was intending to adapt it for use with EOS mount,
but it looks like there are some problems with flange distance and infinity focus between FD and EOS.
Oh well, I only paid $15. Maybe someone on craigslist will be willing to pay that! Smile

Thanks again!
-Daniel
Portland, Oregon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject: Serial No: 88****** Reply with quote

As an earlier post correctly stated, the #88.. lenses have a Contax/Yashica mount and it looks like they were made at the Tomioka facility owned by Yashica/Kyocera. I have spotted an identical lens (28mm f2.8 Macro with a 49mm ring) which appears as a Yashica MC prototype with the serial number being A00006 - a dealer in Vienna is asking £260 for this as it's unique, never having gone into production as part of the ML lens range. I don't think he'll ever sell it at that price, even though by all accounts it's a pretty good lens.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H7
Preset
Closest focus is 0,45
T2 mount ?(first I've seen...)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can unscrew this spacer ring, and there is normal T2 beneath.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at a few 28 2.8's on ebay right now for my a6000. Is there a general consensus on which make is optically better than others? Should I go Sun, Tokina....not sure that it makes a huge difference but if one is particularly better than the rest I'd like to get that make.

Thanks. Great resource!

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
A few photos of my Soligor. I'm not sure about the manufacture.
I'm waiting for the adapter to EOS, not sure if it's worth in this version.

Last edited by Demoncho on Sun May 31, 2015 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoncho wrote:
Hi,
A few photos of my Soligor. I'm not sure about the manufacture.
I'm waiting for the adapter to EOS, not sure if it's worth in this version.

Here you go
OH

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I´m new here and just registered because of this:
I just bought this lense, maybe it helps to demistify the serial # 8
I think it should be a Cosina 24 2.8 Macro rebrand. I don`t find another lens that meets this specs.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome bornbad!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bornbad wrote:
Hi, I´m new here and just registered because of this:
I just bought this lense, maybe it helps to demistify the serial # 8
I think it should be a Cosina 24 2.8 Macro rebrand. I don`t find another lens that meets this specs.

This helps
OH

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

Welcome bornbad!

Why can`t I see my pics in my original post, just in your reply??

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bornbad wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

Welcome bornbad!

Why can`t I see my pics in my original post, just in your reply??

Now I see them ...strange

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spam prevention...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is usual price for this lens?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edri wrote:
What is usual price for this lens?

I got mine for Pentax KA for 59 €.
One offer for Olympus was at 59 € (but ended without sell) and one for Fujica AX is in the bay for 62,30 (or offer).

Maybe a little too expensive, I will test it soon.

There is also a manual to buy for 3,00 € Wink

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I`m pretty sure it`s NOT the Cosinus 24 2,8 Macro, because my Soligor has 6 bades not 5 as the cosinus.
My weights 205 gr, the Cosinus only 170.
I don`t know now which is the probable producer :
Tokina only has max aperture 16
Ensinor no A

my guess is maybe Sigma, but did they produce for reseller?!