Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 1:2.8 f=28mm -- 21+ Versions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys. I apologize if this is an excessively noobish post but I've just bought this fella and I have no idea which mount adapter should I get.

My research was unsuccessful and I'm still waiting for it to be delivered. I would be glad if I can get an adapter before it gets here.

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivid Mortals wrote:
Hey guys. I apologize if this is an excessively noobish post but I've just bought this fella and I have no idea which mount adapter should I get.

My research was unsuccessful and I'm still waiting for it to be delivered. I would be glad if I can get an adapter before it gets here.

Cheers

Welcome Vivid Mortals! (publish images and links are disabled for first time poster; should be okay from now)

Lens has Olympus OM mount

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Another lens! Reply with quote

Dear all,

I found a 28mm soligor lens, which a serial no. I haven't seen identified, it is a 886xxxxx. So far, I have no clue which mount it has.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Another lens! Reply with quote

isolette wrote:
Dear all,

I found a 28mm soligor lens, which a serial no. I haven't seen identified, it is a 886xxxxx. So far, I have no clue which mount it has.

Maybe someone with some more experience can tell which mount it has, it would be really helpful!
Here are some pictures:

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like Contax/Yashica mount to me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't easy to find a side-view of such 88 serial lens:

It goes under the same line as 2.8/20mm that is a bit hyped here: http://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/soligor-20mm-f-2-8-c-d-wide-auto.html

This 88 zoom: http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-c-d-mc-3-5-4-5-35-200mm-macro-t54943.html
is speculated to be Kobori. I don't think above lenses are Kobori made. See Koboron here (notice very different rear): http://www.limundo.com/kupovina/Tehnika/Kamere-i-fotoaparati/Delovi-i-oprema/KOBORON-28mm-2-8-PENTAX-K-bajonet-MADE-IN-JAPAN/19659389

Frankly your 88 Soligor 2.8/28mm looks darn similar to RMC Tokina. SUN also had similar lens design.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't rain but it pours!
Here is another Soligor that needs classifying.
According to the list as arrived at thus far there is no Soligor lens with serial number commencing with K.
This one starts with KA

Ere 'tis:

And what about this little number.
Serial starts with H6 so ....... Komine??????
Look how far back the rear element retracts during focusing - some mirror issues waiting to happen methinks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KA should mean Kyoei Acall.
http://forum.mflenses.com/three-versions-of-kyoei-35-3-5-t58849.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
KA should mean Kyoei Acall.
http://forum.mflenses.com/three-versions-of-kyoei-35-3-5-t58849.html

Ever seen one of these under the Soligor label?
OH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly.
I suspect these others may be Kawakami/Kawanon, though related to Kyoei because I further suspect Kyoei somehow turned into Kawakami, based on similarity of some lenses.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

Serial starts with H6 so ....... Komine??????

Serials starting with H could be from different makers. Many of these lenses are made by Tokina.
Oldhand wrote:
Look how far back the rear element retracts during focusing - some mirror issues waiting to happen methinks.

It's T-mount so you need to add a width of T-mount adapter.

Last edited by dimitrygo on Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Japanese site mentioned the Kyoei Optical Co.(協栄光学) was established by the ex-employee of Sankyo Kohki(三協光機). Some of the design drawing and parts and were stolen the factory of Sankyo Kohki during the labor dispute.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the KA Soligor above. Strangely these letters could mean Kashimura. Found 2 of the series here: Click here to see on Ebay
and i dare posting before nice documentary photos go into oblivion.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, Kashimura is a Japanese distributor. Never see any lens Kashimura before.
http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Kashimura

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 28/2.8, Nikon non-Ai mount, seems to be this one: SOLIGOR WIDE-AUTO 1:2.8 f=28mm 58Ø NO.171nnnnn-175nnnn, Tokina Fixed 0.3m 58mm, which appears to be the same that Phenix jc has. Mine also has the singularity described by Scheimpflug below:

Scheimpflug wrote:
* On my #6 (171x), 0.3m is the closest marked focus distance, but the focus ring actually turns past it. Infinity is a definite stop (and aligned), but 0.3m is not.

A couple images:

This one shows the misalignment that Scheimpflug noted

Detail of the shape of the iris:

Since the lens is non-Ai, I can't mount it on my Nikon D700 so it's useless to me. If someone is interested in buying it for a few bucks, let me know. Of note: there's some fogging on one of the elements close to the rear element.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:07 am    Post subject: soligor 28mm optical design or parts manual Reply with quote

Can any one provide me the Optical Design or parts manual of Soligor 28mm f2.8 wide auto or Tokina 28mm f2.8 Wide-auto??Its urgent..Thank you

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another version of the CD/wide auto 28mm 2.8 with 55mm filter ring, SN 2805111.

This has a Konica AR mount.

Compared to the image on the first page of this thread, the focusing ring has identical markings and knurled ring appears to be same size, design, and texture.

The markings on the aperture ring are different. It has 28mm at the front instead of at the end. At the end is EE in green. EE was used in early renditions of Konica AR lenses (early 70s or thereabouts?) but fairly quickly shifted to AE. The part with the markings is recessed and smooth all the way around.

Here are some images of the lens:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just noticed a Soligor with H34XXX serial.
Not a Kawanon(?) as that is maybe H37XXX
Maybe it is simply a H3XXXX serial.
Sooooo what then ...................
Picture to come.
OH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Picture to come.
OH

OK here are some piccies.
Not a 28mm but interesting for its serial number nonetheless.
Again - not my lens - but images borrowed from an ebay listing for reference purposes.
OH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:09 am    Post subject: Help me identify this Soligor? Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!
I'm glad to have found this thread while searching google for info on this lens I picked up the other day.
I'm completely unfamiliar with the lens mount, and I couldn't find any info on one exactly like it anywhere in the 15 pages (although, one of you had a picture that looked like mine!)

Soligor 28mm Auto-Wide, 58mm filter, 173xxxxx serial no.,

Any thoughts on the mount type?
All help is much appreciated!
Thanks!
-Daniel

P.S. - Sorry for the quick iphone photos of the lens.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird..my photos seem to be broken?
I tried with photobucket as well as the built in uploader.
Am I doing something wrong?
-Daniel

EDIT: Now they seem to be appearing! Not sure what was happening.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daniel, welcome to the forum. Smile

You can't post photos or links in your first post, an anti-spam measure. You'll be ok from now on.

Your lens, although branded Soligor, was manufactured by Tokina as denoted by the serial number starting with 17. On a cropped sensor camera it shouldn't be a bad performer stopped down a few stops. The mount is Canon FD.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: soligor 28mm optical design or parts manual Reply with quote

tezomoy wrote:
Can any one provide me the Optical Design or parts manual of Soligor 28mm f2.8 wide auto or Tokina 28mm f2.8 Wide-auto??Its urgent..Thank you

Welcome tezomoy!

There are over 21 versions, including several by Tokina. If you post a photo of the lens we might be able to help you. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Picture to come.
OH

OK here are some piccies.
Not a 28mm but interesting for its serial number nonetheless.
Again - not my lens - but images borrowed from an ebay listing for reference purposes.
OH

I though to myself "that's exactly the same as mine" - then I looked at it. The numbers has the H prefix, and it's not that far apart either; about 8,000. But there are a lot of differences.
The front name ring, all different. Smallest aperture f16 on my lens, f22 on the ebay listed one, and they go in opposite directions. Also the stop down ring is different. The focus distance scale is tapered on my lens, and parrallel on the ebay lens. The focus mark is different, and the engravings are different colours. The focus ring is shorter on mine, as is the plain bit between the aperture ring and the front edge of the lens.
Which proves very little I know, other than sorting out who made what for Soligor a nightmare. Small differences could easily be an evolutionary thing in the manufacturing, but why would they change something like the rotation of the aperture ring?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Hi Daniel, welcome to the forum. Smile

You can't post photos or links in your first post, an anti-spam measure. You'll be ok from now on.

Your lens, although branded Soligor, was manufactured by Tokina as denoted by the serial number starting with 17. On a cropped sensor camera it shouldn't be a bad performer stopped down a few stops. The mount is Canon FD.

Hi DigiChrome!
Thanks for the response, and sorry for my late reply.
That makes sense about the photos.

I was afraid the mount might be an FD! I've got a Canon 6D and was intending to adapt it for use with EOS mount,
but it looks like there are some problems with flange distance and infinity focus between FD and EOS.
Oh well, I only paid $15. Maybe someone on craigslist will be willing to pay that! Smile

Thanks again!
-Daniel
Portland, Oregon