Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 1:2.8 f=28mm -- 21+ Versions
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
Hi, everyone. I am new here, but a huge MF junkie (under the same handle on dpreview).

I have Soligor C/D 90mm f2.5 macro, which is the same as Vivitar 90mm/f2.8 and is known to be made by Komine. The serial # is 300263 , which throws a monkey wrench into this classification.

I also have a 28mm f2.8 Soligor that hasn't turn up in the thread yet. It's in M42 mount, the ring says
Soligor Wide-Auto 1:2.8 f=2.8mm 55o No. 50074
I'll upload the picture the other day.


Welcome fermy!

Thanks for the monkey wrench Smile We know about "*Six digit lens date code unknown." Thanks for another example!

Please do upload the photos, with minimum focus distance shown if possible.


PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code 9 is Tefnon/Kobori, sorry, I had to realize this before because this is what I have found by myself long ago:
http://forum.mflenses.com/the-worst-lens-sold-soligor-35-140mm-t15224,start,15.html#133611
http://forum.mflenses.com/the-worst-lens-sold-soligor-35-140mm-t15224,start,30.html#154650


PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:


Welcome fermy!

Thanks for the monkey wrench Smile We know about "*Six digit lens date code unknown." Thanks for another example!

Please do upload the photos, with minimum focus distance shown if possible.


Thanks for the welcome, visualopsins. So is the classification valid only for 7 digit serials?

Finally got the time to photograph my Soligor. Btw, everything is shot with Vivitar/Kiron 100mm f2.8 macro - it's brutal. Never saw so much dust on this lens.





PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:



Exakta T2


Reading through this thread made me dig out my Soligor 28 and I found it to be this type, s. no.9740922

It is an M42 preset, 6 blade iris, min marked focus 0.3m, f2.8 to f16, 52mm filter thread.

The lettering style in "Soligor" is the same as this photo and seems to be different to all the other types.

In use, I find it to be sharp but prone to flare if the sun is anywhere other than behind 90 degrees to the lens.


PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code 6 is also Tefnon/Kobori






Edit: this is 9 digits s/n so it probably cannot be taken into account.


Last edited by dimitrygo on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total


PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand the 70-235 zoom with s/n starting with 6 in this post looks like Sun http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-12-8-f28mm-21and-versions-t30866,start,30.html#1056805


PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
walter g wrote:
walter g wrote:
Updated list

Soligor Codes

1 = Tokina
2 = Sun
3 = Sun
4 = Sun
5 = ???
6 = Komine
7 = Sun
8 = ???
9 = Kino
31 = ??? *
A = Komura #
H4 = Kawanon ? #
H5 = Komine #
H6 = Komine #
H7= Tokina #
H37 = Kawanon? #
M = ??? #
N = ??? #
R = ??? #
T = Tamron #
Y = Komura #

Code system. First number = Maker.
Second number = Decade
Third number = Year

*Six digit lens date code unknown.

# Letter code lens date code unknown.


..... DISCLAMER THIS IS A WORKING LIST......
..... IT MAY CHANGE AS NEW EVIDENCE IS FOUND.....


I just added y code = Komura which is the old Komura code.
Here is a link to a beatiful example of this lens, and yes I want one.
http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-telephoto-135mm-f2-8-t38154.html




I've just seen on ebay a 35mm f3.5 Soligor M42 ( not T2 ) With the Soligor logo in script and a serial number 'M4107'

The M is still a mystery, I have one - a chrome eared 135mm f2.8 - which bears no resemblance in style to the ebay 35mm ( I think it's a Tokina with serial no M1639** )

I have also just bought a Soligor 35mm 2.8 with a serial no. 211010 ( Sun ) which looks identical to the ebay one with the 'M' serial number.

'M' for Mystery ?


PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my Soligor 35-70mm f/2.5-3.5 macro lens.
SOLIGOR MC ZOOM-AUTO F2.5/3.5, f=35-70mm MADE IN JAPAN 58 NO.979xxxxx, Kino??, OM, Preset, 0.7m, 58mm


#1


#2


PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pogolens wrote:
Here is my Soligor 35-70mm f/2.5-3.5 macro lens.
SOLIGOR MC ZOOM-AUTO F2.5/3.5, f=35-70mm MADE IN JAPAN 58 NO.979xxxxx, Kino??, OM, Preset, 0.7m, 58mm


#1


#2


PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pogolens wrote:
Here is my Soligor 35-70mm f/2.5-3.5 macro lens.
SOLIGOR MC ZOOM-AUTO F2.5/3.5, f=35-70mm MADE IN JAPAN 58 NO.979xxxxx, Kino??, OM, Preset, 0.7m, 58mm


#1


#2


PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pogolens wrote:
Here is my Soligor 35-70mm f/2.5-3.5 macro lens.
SOLIGOR MC ZOOM-AUTO F2.5/3.5, f=35-70mm MADE IN JAPAN 58 NO.979xxxxx, Kino??, OM, Preset, 0.7m, 58mm


#1


#2


PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kobori. http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-9-thy-name-shall-any-more-be-called-kiron-but-kobori-t54945,highlight,+kobori.html


PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pancolart!

I'll be updating this thread soon...I notice some things are broken, but I have a backup! Very Happy


PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing first post here so I don't run into the "no pictures" thing when I want to upload pics of my "gateway" lens... a 28mm 2.8 T4 I got on Craigslist. $10 got me a bag with a miranda camera and what I thought were 2 T4 lenses, but the 135 wasn't...

Current kit is a 5D (orig) with the usual 50mm 1.8 (Metal mount, originally bought for my EOS 620) and the plastic 80-200 4.5-5.6.

Hope to pick up more m42 or other oddball mf lenses...

Cheers... Smile


PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
cooltouch wrote:
walter g wrote:
walter g wrote:
Updated list

Soligor Codes

1 = Tokina
2 = Sun
3 = Sun
4 = Sun
5 = ???
6 = Komine
7 = Sun
8 = ???
9 = Kino
31 = ??? *
A = Komura #
H4 = Kawanon ? #
H5 = Komine #
H6 = Komine #
H7= Tokina #
H37 = Kawanon? #
M = ??? #
N = ??? #
R = ??? #
T = Tamron #
Y = Komura #

Code system. First number = Maker.
Second number = Decade
Third number = Year

*Six digit lens date code unknown.

# Letter code lens date code unknown.


..... DISCLAMER THIS IS A WORKING LIST......
..... IT MAY CHANGE AS NEW EVIDENCE IS FOUND.....


I just added y code = Komura which is the old Komura code.
Here is a link to a beatiful example of this lens, and yes I want one.
http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-telephoto-135mm-f2-8-t38154.html




I've just seen on ebay a 35mm f3.5 Soligor M42 ( not T2 ) With the Soligor logo in script and a serial number 'M4107'

The M is still a mystery, I have one - a chrome eared 135mm f2.8 - which bears no resemblance in style to the ebay 35mm ( I think it's a Tokina with serial no M1639** )

I have also just bought a Soligor 35mm 2.8 with a serial no. 211010 ( Sun ) which looks identical to the ebay one with the 'M' serial number.

'M' for Mystery ?




Smartphone snapshot of aforementioned 28 2.8 T4:



Awaiting m42-eos adapter to arrive in the mail so I can use it on my 5D.

Also while lurking on eBay I spotted a listing that includes a Taika-Doryt 135mm preset with M#### serial:
Click here to see on Ebay

I noticed that same type lens with similar M#### serial is discussed here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/taika-doryt-135-3-5-m42-mount-t52819.html

Is it possible that the M#### serials are Taika/Taisei/Tamron? Any possible confirmation on this?


PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Front view Soligor 135mm Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:

Soligor 135mm f2.8 with M prefix to serial number. M163924


This M prefix Soligor has no common features to that Taika-Doryt. The mystery continues..............


PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is no "unified theory" for Soligors of all ages. Older Soligors coding is different then late. Maybe it would be good to define the break.


PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's mine, as you can see serial no 7 digits 7696983




PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops double post


PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's mine. An earlier "1" series from what I've seen here.



PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys. I apologize if this is an excessively noobish post but I've just bought this fella and I have no idea which mount adapter should I get.







My research was unsuccessful and I'm still waiting for it to be delivered. I would be glad if I can get an adapter before it gets here.

Cheers


PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivid Mortals wrote:
Hey guys. I apologize if this is an excessively noobish post but I've just bought this fella and I have no idea which mount adapter should I get.







My research was unsuccessful and I'm still waiting for it to be delivered. I would be glad if I can get an adapter before it gets here.

Cheers


Welcome Vivid Mortals! (publish images and links are disabled for first time poster; should be okay from now)

Lens has Olympus OM mount


PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Another lens! Reply with quote

Dear all,

I found a 28mm soligor lens, which a serial no. I haven't seen identified, it is a 886xxxxx. So far, I have no clue which mount it has.


PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Another lens! Reply with quote

isolette wrote:
Dear all,

I found a 28mm soligor lens, which a serial no. I haven't seen identified, it is a 886xxxxx. So far, I have no clue which mount it has.


Maybe someone with some more experience can tell which mount it has, it would be really helpful!
Here are some pictures:




Thanks!


PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like Contax/Yashica mount to me.