Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 1:2.8 f=28mm -- 21+ Versions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Thank you.
Updated list.
H prefix brands:

Lentar
Focal
Soligor
Sun
Vemar

Anyone know of any other H prefix lenses?

Tercon Wide 35mm f/3.5 serial #H654331 (Exactly same as this post & relatively close serial # http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-35mm-35-m42-t10485.html)

Hanimex Tele-Lens 400mm f/6.3 serial #H54894 (looks awfully like a Tokina to me...but the list on page 1 says Komine?)

Ps. How about numbers [not necessarily Soligor] that end in E?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

precertvideo wrote:
walter g wrote:
Thank you.
Updated list.
H prefix brands:

Lentar
Focal
Soligor
Sun
Vemar

Anyone know of any other H prefix lenses?

Tercon Wide 35mm f/3.5 serial #H654331 (Exactly same as this post & relatively close serial # http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-35mm-35-m42-t10485.html)

Hanimex Tele-Lens 400mm f/6.3 serial #H54894 (looks awfully like a Tokina to me...but the list on page 1 says Komine?)

Ps. How about numbers [not necessarily Soligor] that end in E?

Any lens no matter the brand that has an E after the serial number is made by Sankor.
But there are a few lenses made by Sankor that didn't use the E code.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I accidentally found this one 2.8/28mm: http://www.flickr.com/photos/35322441@N00/4407412493
Serial: 3643K

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
I accidentally found this one 2.8/28mm: http://www.flickr.com/photos/35322441@N00/4407412493
Serial: 3643K

Cool! This appears to be a version wasn't listed here. Thank you! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP. I found it searching for Nikon mount Soligor (Tokina 17...) 28mm. I have removed CANON FD mount on my sample and wanted to know if optical design allows focusing to infinity with that short flange. I think there will be mirror hit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am starting to wonder if there really is a pattern around the H prefix! Most H lenses seem to be Tokina made...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Updated list

Soligor Codes

1 = Tokina
2 = Sun
3 = Sun
4 = Sun
5 = ???
6 = Komine
7 = Sun
8 = ???
9 = Kino
31 = ??? *
A = Komura #
H4 = Kawanon ? #
H5 = Komine #
H6 = Komine #
H7= Tokina #
H37 = Kawanon? #
M = ??? #
N = ??? #
R = ??? #
T = Tamron #
Y = Komura #

Code system. First number = Maker.
Second number = Decade
Third number = Year

*Six digit lens date code unknown.

# Letter code lens date code unknown.

..... DISCLAMER THIS IS A WORKING LIST......
..... IT MAY CHANGE AS NEW EVIDENCE IS FOUND.....

I just added y code = Komura which is the old Komura code.
Here is a link to a beatiful example of this lens, and yes I want one.
http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-telephoto-135mm-f2-8-t38154.html

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: soligor 28mm Reply with quote

great thread this some real detective work here.i have a soligor 28mm nikon a/is mount. no 88530787 with green mc. its a super sharp little lens

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi leadshot and welcome to the forum!

Your lens may be a version not listed here, another in the MC C/D series. Can you post some photos please? Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recent Soligor lens purchases I've made have been Tokina made lenses. The serials started with H4 and H6, so I'm now wondering if there was any pattern to the Hx serials at all, or were they all Tokinas? Or did H stand for something else...Hanimex also used the same serial number convention for their re-branded lenses, so could H stand for Hanimex?

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Recent Soligor lens purchases I've made have been Tokina made lenses. The serials started with H4 and H6, so I'm now wondering if there was any pattern to the Hx serials at all, or were they all Tokinas? Or did H stand for something else...Hanimex also used the same serial number convention for their re-branded lenses, so could H stand for Hanimex?

Yeah, the H code lenses are hard to ID. I have one that by all apearances is Komine made.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 8 code lenses are unknown right now. At this point they haven't been identified. I am trying to ID them. They are the last of the C/D series.

The C/D series started with the early lenses being made by Tokina under the 1 code.
Later lenses were 3 code made by SUN. The Sun Made Soligors were made thru 1983.
Soligor then used Komine for the last of 1983 and maybe 1984 under the 6 code.
Starting 1985 they used the 8 code for the last of the C/D series which was made into the early 1990's.

Here is an example of the Komine made Soligor C/D 28 2.8 lens.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: just in case anyone cares... Reply with quote

Here is my roster of past and present Soligor and letter-coded Oriental lenses, sorted by prefix:

17xxxxxx --- Soligor WA 28/2.8 -- N/pre-AI, Tokina
28xxxxx ---- Soligor C/D 135/2.8 -- N/AI, Komine
38xxxxxxxx - Soligor C/D DualFocal 85+135/4.5 -- MD, Sun?
38xxxxxxxx - Soligor C/D Zoom Macro 28-80/3.5-4.5 -- N/AI, Sun?
A1x... and A4x... -- Yashica C/Y 50's -- Komura? (my Yashinon M42 50's are numeric)
C2xxxxx --- Super-Lentar 25/3.5 -- M42, ???
C3xxxxx --- Focal 200/3.5 -- M42, ???
C6xxxxx --- Chinon 45/2.8 -- PK-M, ???
H2xxxxx --- Super-Lentar 21/3.8 -- M42, Tokina
H6xxxxx --- Hanimex 135/2.8 -- M42, Komine? (my other Hani's are numeric)
K8xxxxxxx - Focal 135/2.8 -- KAR, ???
L6xxxxx --- Toyo 5-Star 28/2.8 -- PK-M, ???

I'm afraid that a comprehensive, canonical list of codes and lensmakers, is impossible. But we can try, eh?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: just in case anyone cares... Reply with quote

RioRico wrote:
[...]I'm afraid that a comprehensive, canonical list of codes and lensmakers, is impossible. But we can try, eh?

Have no fear, we are here, we have made phenomenal progress, we are still trying for more complete lists, doing the "impossible."

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have any more with a 'M' prefix turned up, or have I got the only one ?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
walter g wrote:
Updated list

Soligor Codes

1 = Tokina
2 = Sun
3 = Sun
4 = Sun
5 = ???
6 = Komine
7 = Sun
8 = ???
9 = Kino
31 = ??? *
A = Komura #
H4 = Kawanon ? #
H5 = Komine #
H6 = Komine #
H7= Tokina #
H37 = Kawanon? #
M = ??? #
N = ??? #
R = ??? #
T = Tamron #
Y = Komura #

Second number = Decade
Third number = Year

I haven't been paying much attention to this thread for quite a while, then I remembered that a fellow I bought an FTb from recently tossed in an old Soligor 90-230mm f/4.5 lens in with the deal. It's so old, it's an FL mount, and not even FD. But this listing intrigued me. So it looks like my lens, whose s/n begins with 171 was made by Tokina in 1971. Sounds about right, since 1971 was the year Canon introduced the FD mount.

Anyway the 90-230/4.5 was certainly a ubiquitous lens back in those days, appearing under different names besides Soligor (I know for sure that one of them was Vivitar). Still is, I guess. Good to know it was made by Tokina. I've never used mine, but it's close to mint with no fungus, and well-made, which was not unusual for many lenses back in those days. Even so, it's probably worth little more than a door-stop, most likely. Still, good to know who made it and when. Thanks for all the works, guys. I, for one, appreciate it.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: just in case anyone cares... Reply with quote

RioRico wrote:
H6xxxxx --- Hanimex 135/2.8 -- M42, Komine?

All the Hanimex lenses I've seen with an H prefix so far have been Tokinas Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
walter g wrote:
Updated list

Soligor Codes

1 = Tokina
2 = Sun
3 = Sun
4 = Sun
5 = ???
6 = Komine
7 = Sun
8 = ???
9 = Kino
31 = ??? *
A = Komura #
H4 = Kawanon ? #
H5 = Komine #
H6 = Komine #
H7= Tokina #
H37 = Kawanon? #
M = ??? #
N = ??? #
R = Itoh #
T = Tamron #
Y = Komura #

Second number = Decade
Third number = Year

Added R code = Itoh

Link to example.
http://forum.mflenses.com/itohkogaku-higon-135-3-5-preset-samples-t19061.html

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good detective work, Walter.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aperture blade formation on the Itohs seems the same as the later Kino made lenses:

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1141442.html#1141442

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just picked a very tidy 200 mm f4.5 chrome ears Soligor from a pawn shop for £12, so now I have a 35, 135, 200 & 300 in the same series. I'll try it out tomorrow.

The serial number is 1678241 - and it has all the hallmarks of a Tokina / Soligor.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to add a picture of my Soligor C/D Wide-Auto 2,8/28 with Ser-Nr. 6795968.

Is it from Komine?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say M code lenses are made by Miranda within 1963 to 1976 as described here: http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Miranda

"It is said that the Miranda company set up its own lens factory in 1963 (earlier lenses were supplied by various manufacturers, except for the first Supreme). The company returned to the Japanese market in autumn 1964,[13] but the US importer Allied Impex gradually took control, and fully owned the company by the late 1960s.

The Sensorex model was released in 1967, with TTL exposure metering. It is said that a new factory was opened outside Tokyo in 1970 or perhaps 1971. In 1971, the company introduced the Sensorex EE with shutter-priority automatic exposure and a new set of viewfinders. Upgraded as the EE-2 in 1976, it would be the last Miranda with interchangeable viewfinder.

In 1972, the company released its only non-SLR camera, the Sensoret compact rangefinder. In 1975, it made an attempt at a compact SLR with fixed prism and electronically controlled shutter, called the Miranda dx-3. Neither of these met with great success, and the Miranda company went bankrupt on December 10, 1976 and stopped camera production the same month."

Serials starting with "M" and branded Soligor (followed by 6 digits) one could assume first two digits were years of production. This could also be valid for some "H" prefix like this (Tokina, Sun, Hanimex, Lentar) 2.8/135mm: http://forum.mflenses.com/h-code-lenses-t42233,start,45.html

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here #8822... Click here to see on Ebay.de
I will add direct images if seller agrees.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Updated list

Soligor Codes

1 = Tokina
2 = Sun
3 = Sun
4 = Sun
5 = ???
6 = Komine
7 = Sun
8 = ???
9 = Kino
31 = ??? *
A = Komura #
H4 = Kawanon ? #
H5 = Komine #
H6 = Komine #
H7= Tokina #
H37 = Kawanon? #
M = ??? #
N = ??? #
R = ??? #
T = Tamron #

Second number = Decade
Third number = Year

Hi, everyone. I am new here, but a huge MF junkie (under the same handle on dpreview).

I have Soligor C/D 90mm f2.5 macro, which is the same as Vivitar 90mm/f2.8 and is known to be made by Komine. The serial # is 300263 , which throws a monkey wrench into this classification.

I also have a 28mm f2.8 Soligor that hasn't turn up in the thread yet. It's in M42 mount, the ring says
Soligor Wide-Auto 1:2.8 f=2.8mm 55o No. 50074
I'll upload the picture the other day.