Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 1:2.8 f=28mm -- 21+ Versions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sample, for the science...

#07 Tokina Fixed Auto 0.3m 58mm
42, '171', 0.3m, auto, yel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins, can I recommend that all the photos on the first page are saved down and re-uploaded to MFLenses so we don't lose this information once the original hosting sites delete their photos?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
visualopsins, can I recommend that all the photos on the first page are saved down and re-uploaded to MFLenses so we don't lose this information once the original hosting sites delete their photos?

Thanks!

Thanks, I saved them locally on my computer a while ago for that very reason. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I see the topic says "Soligor 28mm versions", I also see other Soligor lenses posted here, so I'll add this 24/2.5, serial no. 3802519, not much information on the Net.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks symphonic!

According to Soligor serial number information gathered so far, your 24mm was made by Sun in 1980. Fixed Minolta MD mount. It looks very similar to the Spiratone and Vivitar 2.5/24 I have. I played with the Spiratone yesterday; appears to be a performer. 24mm is a favorite focal length on FF for me.

I'm working on putting together a Soligor 2.8/35 versions thread similar to this one, showing versions posted in various threads here on MFlenses, and another thread for various 24mm lenses from the same general era...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
According to Soligor serial number information gathered so far, your 24mm was made by Sun in 1980. Fixed Minolta MD mount. It looks very similar to the Spiratone and Vivitar 2.5/24 I have. I played with the Spiratone yesterday; appears to be a performer. 24mm is a favorite focal length on FF for me.

Thanks for the info. Smile This one is actually OM mount. It's a nice little lens, but it's terribly soft wide open. When stopped down a bit, it's decent.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most expensive version so far?!?

Here (ebay)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"AND THERE ARE NUMEROUS NUMBERS ON THE SIDE,,,"

Must be worth the money then ? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick note announcing a major revision to first post to make it easier to use. Very Happy

Added exact name ring text, case sensitive.
Added separation between example photos.
Removed quote tags, added photo credits.

All the photos from the auctions have been saved -- watch for new photos soon!

Many many thanks to everybody for helping to pull together the information!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runaway curiosity got the better of me. I recently purchased a Soligor 135/2.8. Serial begins with R. ?! I'll post a thread soon.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
A quick note announcing a major revision to first post to make it easier to use. Very Happy

Added exact name ring text, case sensitive.
Added separation between example photos.
Removed quote tags, added photo credits.

All the photos from the auctions have been saved -- watch for new photos soon!

Many many thanks to everybody for helping to pull together the information!

Great work. Smile You know this is one of my fovorite threads.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

casualcollector wrote:
Runaway curiosity got the better of me. I recently purchased a Soligor 135/2.8. Serial begins with R. ?! I'll post a thread soon.

Cool!! Smile

Hopefully we can Id it so we can add it to the Soligor Identification chart.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Soligor 35-70 zoom has SN 5906347 & no indication that I can see as to where it was made. However, the box it came in says Made in Korea.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon that 5xxxxx could be Samyang.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
A couple pictures of a soligor 7 code lens. If you can please try to identify it.

casualcollector wrote:
Very early C/D series lens, perhaps the first. I recall Sun being named as the manufacturer in the ad for it.

Bill

1- Was part of the very first c/d batch (the grip is not the final soligor small pyramids rubber grip)

2- If the numbering scheme is exact it is a sun lens BUT sun NEVER sold a 80/200 3.5
I would more guess it is a Makinon 80-200 3.5 (same specs ; size, look)

Was also sold as miranda ec lens

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a fantastic job, gentlemen!

I don't know how I could have missed this thread. Embarassed

There are four Soligor lenses (all zooms) in my collection still. I have sold some primes, though.

The lenses I still have are:

- MC C/D 3.5-4.5/28~105 (FD mount), Ser. 9902075 (Very nice on film!)
- MC C/D 3.8-5.3/35~200 (N-AI mount), Ser. 384113370 (Great on crop!)
- MC C/D 4-5.6/60~300 (N-AIS mount), Ser. 9900899 (I have kept this lens and sold the famous Tamron SP 60-300!)
- MC 3.5/70~220, (N/F mount), Ser. 17700233 (Huge and heavy, but really, really good. Hood built-in).

I will show some pictures soon...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CUNOR 1:4.5/200 with "H" serial number:

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/123093-info-needed-cunor-lens.html

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new owner: Soligor T2 2.8/135mm serial #: M14... 10 aperture blades. M still unknown?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could M stand for Miranda? http://www.collectiblecameras.com/product.php?productid=21018&cat=700&page=1

http://www.mirandacamera.com/_lenses/lenses.htm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my "28mm/F2.8 Macro" Soligor with serial 890xxxxx and "Lens made in Japan" (whatever that means):

I cannot see the pics that I posted here... I am tring another ones:

LE: I still cannot see them Sad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Superduper! Here you go:

Superduper wrote:
I just got my "28mm/F2.8 Macro" Soligor with serial 890xxxxx and "Lens made in Japan" (whatever that means):

I cannot see the pics that I posted here... I am tring another ones:

LE: I still cannot see them Sad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! What's the deal, why is not working on my post?

I did some chart shoots. At 2.8 has some 1600 lpi in center. At 4 has 1750. At 5.6 is tack-sharp corner to corner - on a Canon 400D camera.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superduper wrote:
Thanks! What's the deal, why is not working on my post?

Images are not displayed for your first post as an anti-spam measure. Don't worry, it trips up a lot of people. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
I am new owner: Soligor T2 2.8/135mm serial #: M14... 10 aperture blades. M still unknown?

This lens surprises me quite often, but other times it frustrates the hell out of me! Confused

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea who can be the manufacturer for my 890xxxx? M42 mount, metalic body, knurled rubber focus, six blades (rounded, but not completelly round)...