Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 1:2.8 f=28mm -- 21+ Versions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Sorry, I confused myself.
Komine - Nitto/Nittoh Kogaku, which I think is probably correct.
Sankor - Nissin Optical I think, based on the quite common anamorphic lenses from Nissin that use the Sankor trademark also.

Thank you. Very much.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all stakeholders!

It seems one of producers of Soligors with six-digit serial number after all is identified by common efforts.
And the answer all this time lay on page 2 of this thread:

casualcollector wrote:
... indicates Cimko. A diamond outline reference mark for the distance and aperture scales is another Cimko characteristic.

Bill

DigiChromeEd wrote:

Here is the lens:

And here one more fact appeared:

Click here to see on Ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Soligor-35mm-3-5-Lens-M42-Pentax-Fit-/272373726066?hash=item3f6abd3b72:g:-74AAOSwgmJX1sW2

It turns out - it is Cimko
Here only I don't know whether it will help somebody?

Last edited by shand on Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shand wrote:
Hi all stakeholders!

It seems one of producers of Soligors with six-digit serial number after all is identified by common efforts.
And the answer all this time lay on page 2 of this thred:

casualcollector wrote:
... indicates Cimko. A diamond outline reference mark for the distance and aperture scales is another Cimko characteristic.

Bill

Quoted so images show.

DigiChromeEd wrote:

Here is the lens:

And here one more fact appeared:

Click here to see on Ebay

It turns out - it is Cimko
Here only I don't know whether it will help somebody?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g, thank You for assistance in visualization Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shand, thanks. I will search for more Cimko made Soligors to see the serial number range and if they are coded.
I will also make a note in the serial code chart.

Thanks, Walter.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I ask again that folks needn't clutter up threads with endless duplicate images due to clicking quote.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus, it was his first post. I quoted him so the images would show up.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that's fine but you don't need to repeat the pics. Is it that hard to press the delete key a few times?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome shand!

@marcusBMG -- about as hard as pressing page down a few times. Well you could argue everybody having to do that is not as hard as original re-poster. However, he was quoting a new user post. Photos (and links) do not show on a persons first post; a spam prevention measure... Unless you are saying it is not necessary to re-post the photos? Is necessary only to reply without quoting to get new poster photos to show? I don't think that works, although I have not tried it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Welcome shand!

@marcusBMG -- about as hard as pressing page down a few times. Well you could argue everybody having to do that is not as hard as original re-poster. However, he was quoting a new user post. Photos (and links) do not show on a persons first post; a spam prevention measure... Unless you are saying it is not necessary to re-post the photos? Is necessary only to reply without quoting to get new poster photos to show? I don't think that works, although I have not tried it.

Yes I believe it is only necessary to quote - no need to reshow the pics (right, Attila?). When you hit quote the whole post is copied, with the images typically as [url...tags enclosing [img... tags. So just highlight the tags and hit delete.
Yes page down works but believe me I noticed it more before upgrade to BT infinity (ie download and display speeds).

And in fact the first two pics are simply being repeated from page 2 of this thread, so that's three times.. What's the point?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
Welcome shand!

Yes I believe it is only necessary to quote - no need to reshow the pics (right, Attila?). When you hit quote the whole post is copied, with the images typically as [url...tags enclosing [img... tags. So just highlight the tags and hit delete.
Yes page down works but believe me I noticed it more before upgrade to BT infinity (ie download and display speeds).

And in fact the first two pics are simply being repeated from page 2 of this thread, so that's three times.. What's the point?

Cool! I will try that next time. (Me with only dial-up internet can sympathize with slow speeds Laughing)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, visualopsins. Hope I wasn't sounding too grouchy. And you have my sympathies re dial up (and in the state of Silicon Valley - whats the tale????)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one more cheerful number:

From here

Very similar lens with six-digit number takes place in visualopsins's very first post of this thread.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just seen this on ebay 'Soligor Miranda 2.8 f135 serial no. K 781991' I haven't seen a K serial number before. (KA has been noted before)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Miranda-Soligor-1-2-8-13-5cm-lens-with-caps/332066699783?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D38530%26meid%3D93951249603b4d06b637231e81bb2eab%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D152362264984

walter g wrote:
Updated list
Updated 3\19\16

Soligor Codes

1 = Tokina
2 = Sun
3 = Sun
4 = Sun
5 = ???
6 = Komine
7 = Sun
8 = Tokina
9 = Kobori
31 = ??? *
A = Komura #
H4 = Kawanon ? #
H5 = Komine #
H6 = Komine #
H7= Tokina #
H37 = Kawanon? #
KA. = Kyoei Acall #
M = ??? #
N = ??? #
R = Itoh #
T = Tamron #

Code system. First number = Maker.
Second number = Decade
Third number = Year

*Six digit lens date code unknown.

# Letter code lens date code unknown.

..... DISCLAMER THIS IS A WORKING LIST......
..... IT MAY CHANGE AS NEW EVIDENCE IS FOUND....

I updated the list and added:
KA = Kyoei
R. = Itoh
8. = Tokina
9. = Kobori

I removed:
9 = Kiron

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re the Miranda lens with the "K" number.
Maybe Kowa?
It seems that Kowa made some of the early Miranda lenses, especially those with "arms"; and this one is one if the earlier types, no arm but with a stopdown button.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kowa, for this one. The coupling arm and A - M switch appear to be of Automex (pre Sensorex) vintage.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another that, from what I can tell from combing through the thread, has been covered. But for the sake of posterity:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:14 am    Post subject: Soligor 28mm f2.8 with Nikon F mount Reply with quote

Hello!
I was going to buy this lens but I'm wondering when and who made this Soligor 28mm lens, as I never found anything like this lens in this thread. It looks like a Sun-made lens, as it has a 77x serial number and it has a 62mm filter thread, but it has no Wide-Auto lettering on it.

If anyone can help I'd be thankful! Gonna buy it for my a6000 as it is the cheapest 28mm lens here.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Soligor 28mm f2.8 with Nikon F mount Reply with quote

xinn wrote:
Hello!
I was going to buy this lens but I'm wondering when and who made this Soligor 28mm lens, as I never found anything like this lens in this thread. It looks like a Sun-made lens, as it has a 77x serial number and it has a 62mm filter thread, but it has no Wide-Auto lettering on it.

If anyone can help I'd be thankful! Gonna buy it for my a6000 as it is the cheapest 28mm lens here.

Here you go

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about this lens code, starts with a U? Any ideas who made it? This is an older Miranda lens with the M44 screw mount.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
You're welcome, visualopsins. Hope I wasn't sounding too grouchy. And you have my sympathies re dial up (and in the state of Silicon Valley - whats the tale????)

Nearest town is 26 miles away. Today smartphone tethers. Smile

@braz I don’t know about U- lens maker.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braz, to ID your U code Soligor Miranda lens I need to know how many aperture blades it has.
That might give the clue to the maker.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Braz, to ID your U code Soligor Miranda lens I need to know how many aperture blades it has.

It's a preset lens with 12 blades.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

braz wrote:
walter g wrote:

It's a preset lens with 12 blades.

Thanks. I was pretty sure it would have a high blade count.
The one maker I know that used 12 blade apertures is Kawanon.
I need to do more research, but that's my best guess so far.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:

Thanks. I was pretty sure it would have a high blade count.
The one maker I know that used 12 blade apertures is Kawanon.
I need to do more research, but that's my best guess so far.

Thanks! Don't spend too much time on it, I was just curious.