Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SOLD - Jupiter 9 (Nikon Mount)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: SOLD - Jupiter 9 (Nikon Mount) Reply with quote

Any idea of the market value of a Nikon mount Jupiter - 9 (silver)? I can't find any other copies.

Last edited by Richard_D on Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:57 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure of value. Make sure you list it in USA ebay also.
The J9 seems to bring a nice buck over here and lots of Nikoneers.
I'm assuming your selling one.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Not sure of value. Make sure you list it in USA ebay also.
The J9 seems to bring a nice buck over here and lots of Nikoneers.
I'm assuming your selling one.

Thinking of thinning the lens collection to get a D700. If I can find a typical market value I'll offer it here first for a little less, but I can't even find a reference to it in any mount other tham M42 or rangefinder.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, according to all reports I have read, the D700 is a dream cam!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Nikon mount should go higher than with M39, I never seen any with Nikon mount. I rate high this lens , but market unfortunately don't. Try to sell as normal J9+15% more higher price. This is very rare copy, you should sell here soon I guess. I have two copies from them I don't think about sell any of them. One of Jesito present, many thanks again!
I tested parallel with Nikkor-H 85mm f1.8 I found quality is same, a wonderful portrait lens.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sort of aperture control does it have ? There's a version (J9 Automat/Abtomat) for the Kiev 10/15 which has completely automatic aperture control - no aperture ring.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
What sort of aperture control does it have ? There's a version (J9 Automat/Abtomat) for the Kiev 10/15 which has completely automatic aperture control - no aperture ring.

Plain stop down metering.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
sichko wrote:

Isn't that a interchangeable mount lens, just like Tair 11A, Jupiter-37AM and other A mount soviet lens ? So in fact is a M42/M39 lens with a half T2 adapter/mount in F Nikon version ? As price would be the sum of the M42/M39 J-9 lens together with a T2-F Nikon adapter/mount. Could be this a solution ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

montecarlo wrote:
Richard_D wrote:
sichko wrote:

Isn't that a interchangeable mount lens, just like Tair 11A, Jupiter-37AM and other A mount soviet lens ? So in fact is a M42/M39 lens with a half T2 adapter/mount in F Nikon version ? As price would be the sum of the M42/M39 J-9 lens together with a T2-F Nikon adapter/mount. Could be this a solution ?

No it's a fixed mount - not A series (I don't even know whether thee was a 9A)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

montecarlo wrote:
Richard_D wrote:
sichko wrote:

No it's a fixed mount - not A series (I don't even know whether thee was a 9A)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the Automat is sometimes described as a "9A".

How about this one

Click here to see on Ebay

It looks like it has a removable mount. It's M39 but presumably a Nikon mount could be made.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
Unfortunately the Automat is sometimes described as a "9A".

How about this one

Click here to see on Ebay

It looks like it has a removable mount. It's M39 but presumably a Nikon mount could be made.

Thanks,

That's the same basic lens (although mine's a lot tidier Smile ) from the focus ring upwards, but where that has the ribbed ring at the base mine has a non-ribbed ring that doesn't have the normal three screws. Maybe mine was a special order from the factory, or modified by an engineer afterwards. It gives perfect infinity focus on a Nikon.

Richard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I put it on ebay does anyone here want it?

£44 + Shipping ? (UK £5, Europe £6, US £7)

Glass perfect, blades stop down smoothly, light barrel wear but being aluminium it doesn't show much! Aluminium front cap, replacement rear. Full infinity focus on Nikon.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:

Glass perfect, blades stop down smoothly, light barrel wear but being aluminium it doesn't show much! Aluminium front cap, replacement rear. Full infinity focus on Nikon.

Richard, stop it. Laughing 44 quid for a one-of-a-kind lens?

If this is a one-off prototype lens, contact photo-arsenal and ask them to make you an offer. They will then buy it from you at a good price and sell it at 1600 euro Confused

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisLilley wrote:
Richard_D wrote:

Richard, stop it. Laughing 44 quid for a one-of-a-kind lens?

If this is a one-off prototype lens, contact photo-arsenal and ask them to make you an offer. They will then buy it from you at a good price and sell it at 1600 euro Confused

I suspect it's just a well done conversion Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You honestly should contact them.