Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Solarisation/Solarization
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Solarisation/Solarization Reply with quote

Back in the day we could use Agfacontour Pro Film and chemical fogging agents and lotsa time......Now we have Software and Photoshop Yeah.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The introduction of light part way through the development process, followed by a quick stop-bath, was also a hit or miss never to be repeated in exactly the same way recipe as well.
So many of those ended up in the bin.
OH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when you just used normal paper and switched on the light briefly half way through development, as always in darkroom there was a'correct' way to do it, usually involving exotic developers and hard grade papers. I used D163 and Kodak grade 2 paper, yes my results were inconsistent but its just a bit of fun.

here is the only print I have of my Solarisation session in 1972/3 or as my teacher called it 'The Sabatier Effect'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't keep any of mine ....... Very Happy
OH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I remember well the frustrating hours spent in darkroom to hopefully produce a print worthy of the client,Agfacontour Pro film was expensive + chemicals but it usually produced the required result,aren't we glad we no longer inhale chemicals and live in darkness most of the time. Very Happy