Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

So, Attila...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: So, Attila... Reply with quote

... when is it that you will show the world some pictures made with the 4/25 Flek? Smile

Possibly buildings please? Smile

(and don't forget a picture OF the 4/25 Flek!)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can let you see a pic of my Exakta mount one Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
I can let you see a pic of my Exakta mount one Smile

Sure, go on! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick and dirty....

4/20 on left, 4/25 on right - note the differences....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
Quick and dirty....

4/20 on left, 4/25 on right - note the differences....

Do your copies have problems with mechanical parts? like, focusing stiff, "hesitating" iris, etc.

I believe that a pre-zebra version of Flek 25 exists, with all silver barrel. But I'm not sure.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two 4/20 - one with the dimpled focus ring, and the zebra one you see here. The one with the dimpled ring is cosmetically mint but the focus isn't as smooth as it should be, although in all honesty, the lack of smoothness is very very slight. The lens barrel on the zebra one here has a bit of play although again, it's not severe and possibly just needs the focus helix regreased. The 4/25 is mechanically fine but tends to suffer from flare. The aperture is snappy on all three lenses but more importantly, the glass is spotless.

I think the 4/25 may predate the 4/20 hence the possible existence of a silver example, although I can't be certain of that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:

I think the 4/25 may predate the 4/20 hence the possible existence of a silver example, although I can't be certain of that.

I am. The 25mm does pre-date the 20mm and so you are entirely correct.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be interested to see images from Attila's 25 regarding any flare/lack of contrast issues.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see guys here. I didn't use any shade, it was bright sunny day.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/zeiss/flektogon/flektogon_25mm_f4/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with that Attila.

And as always, nice straight lines at the edges.

Can't beat a Flektogon Wink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Flektogons rock! But this one more than others - it looks to me like it has the same image quality as the Flek 4/20.
I can see no flare - and no distortion either except for the angle-induced one. And I can see the typical definition of the Flek 4/20: well detailed, but not so sharp that hurts the eyes. The image remains smooth and pleasing, yet, it tells everything it needs to tell.
Lovely, lovely lens!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys! I have no much clue about wide angle lenses I just collect one copy from each. I will continuously looking the Hungarian market and I will tell you if I found again an another copy.