Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SMC Takumar 200mm f4 Assembly?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: SMC Takumar 200mm f4 Assembly? Reply with quote

Hi, i bought this lens with a problem, i couldnt change from auto to manual, so i decided to open the system (no problems with the glass) but always when i assemble it, happens to have the same problem. Do any of you guys have a guide for this?
Thanks a lot.
Alonso.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could help, but I have no Takumars yet.
I'll be watching this thread with interest, though. Good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: SMC Takumar 200mm f4 Assembly? Reply with quote

a20010494 wrote:
Hi, i bought this lens with a problem, i couldnt change from auto to manual, so i decided to open the system (no problems with the glass) but always when i assemble it, happens to have the same problem. Do any of you guys have a guide for this?
Thanks a lot.
Alonso.

Did you try screwing on an M42 adapter and THEN toggling the switch? S-M-C Takulars have a tiny pin that blocks this switch when it is not mounted on a non-Auto camera (OK, basically, it's designed to prevent the A/M switch from operating when mounted on an automatic M42 camera). This is by design.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for aoleg

If this don't solve the problem, I saw a disassembling tutorial on MFLenses website Wink