Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SMC Pentax-K 2.5/135mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: SMC Pentax-K 2.5/135mm Reply with quote

Hi,

when I saw tobbsman wonderful images with this lens I tried to find one for my own usage. At the moment only lenses in USA are available which makes no sense to buy it due to taxes, duties and hihg shipping costs.

Last week I found one in France for a good price and in execellent condition. Here few test shots with K-5 into my wifes garden. This lens is really razor sharp as Tobias pointed out before.

Thanks for viewing and comments.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No comments other than that the K135/2.5 indeed shines in your hands. It's really a superb lens, isn't it? I should use my M42 version more often...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Peter.

Yes the lens is superb and I´m really impressed.

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow I missed that thread, Rolf.

Look you got a very fine copy of that lens Smile
What's your overall impression after 2 weeks use ?

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
Somehow I missed that thread, Rolf.

Look you got a very fine copy of that lens Smile
What's your overall impression after 2 weeks use ?

Cheers
Tobias

No problem Tobias.

Had this lens only on one daily walk with me

http://forum.mflenses.com/pentax-smc-k-2-5-135mm-t41440.html

because my K-5 is at a service point due to problems with the lens release button. So far I can see a fine lens with great sharpness - but this is not really new since you posted great images here with your copy.

All the best and greetings to Austria

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of my favourite lenses. On my current trip I had to travel light (for me!) and chose my Pentax LX along with the K28/3.5, K50/1.2 and the K135/2.5. A nice trio of lenses. My only regret is that there are nesting storks here and I wish I had taken something longer, although my K300 defies the idea of "travelling light".

K.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax K10D
Pentax SMC K 135mm f2.5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are great! With the K135/2.5 or the 135mm f/2.5 Super-Multi-Coated Takumar (the right version) I do not need another 135. Unless, of course, we're talking about the SMC Pentax-A* 135mm f/1.8. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMC Pentax-A* 135mm f/1.8 is expensive. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax K-r
Pentax SMC K 135mm F2.5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just started shooting this lens.
Not much so far but here are a couple of samples
More when I get time
T

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice images.

This lens has been in my closet for five years now, never used it again since 2012. Time to use it within the next days.

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a color rendition!!! Really impressed! Please, is the SMC differs from the other types I see on Ebay?

Cheerz!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMC is different.

There is a "Bayonet" version, which is single coated, for both m42 and K mount. The number scale is colorful for this version.

I have K-mount copy and later got a m42-mount copy for use with canon. Both are smc. The rending is magical.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 images from my yesterday morning walk with Pentax K-5 and this lens. All mainly wide open
Still waiting for better Indian Summer colours and more morning fog at our river.

Wink