Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Smallest pocketable medium format camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to have that link-thanks for sharing it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathmandu wrote:
It's nice to have that link-thanks for sharing it.

I would use the link for info. He does a great job replacing with different-colored leather
bellows, but beyond that, it's a gamble. Nice find and the Radionar is indeed a Cooke triplet!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're talking 6x6 folders, I don't see how a camera could be much smaller than the Agfa Isolette III I acquired recently. It may not be shirt-pocketable, but it is easily jacket-pocketable.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a damn fine camera , perhaps finest what you can buy for low price. I have two Isolette, both are very , very good.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just about the most wicked, pernicious thread I've come across at any photography forum. Laughing

I found it just as I was working through the notion that whilst a Contax G2 rig might be nice, it would simply replace my Mamiya 7 rig in looking good, taking lovely photos (hopefully), but not providing me with enough engagement with the mechanical processes of using the equipment to take a photo.

Consequently, I've seen the light and now am watching at least eight small folders on EBay with one or two sniped. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I did have a Mamiya 6 folder but either a poor-ish example or I wasn't ready to really spend time getting to know it. Maybe now that I've got to grips with my 645 photography I can try a folder again.

By the by, which would have been the last folding cameras to be produced - and I mean the type of portable camera referred to in this thread and not socking great big plate cameras?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the smallest 6x6 is voigtlander Perkeo no matter Vaskar or Color-Skopar both damn good.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Perkeo is a great little folder, well built and easy to use.

Voightlander Perkeo by Mudplugga, on Flickr

Very old film, the camera lens hasn't been cleaned properly, but the results are nice.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 on perkeo very small , stunning really.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Voigtländer Perkeo 1 as well. Here is a picture just to show how it is dwarfed by two of my Bessa's.

Actually it is only slightly bigger than a Kodak Retina 1a.