Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 50mm T0.95 M mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Huff has many articles about this lens. Here's one - there are more in the links at the bottom and that is not an exhaustive list.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:

Yeah, the micro-4/3 and E-mount lenses are different; different design, different coverage, etc. They go for $1050.

Yes, this T0.95 lens is different from those f/0.95 lenses. And there is a rumor that SLR Magic is planning to bring this design to MFT and NEX too - a 25mm version for MFT and a 35mm for NEX.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurentiu Cristofor wrote:
And there is a rumor that SLR Magic is planning to bring this design to MFT and NEX too - a 25mm version for MFT and a 35mm for NEX.

The images of that 25mm T0.95 (pre-production) don't impress me yet:
http://www.43rumors.com/new-slr-magic-25mm-f0-95-lens/

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabian wrote:

The images of that 25mm T0.95 (pre-production) don't impress me yet:
http://www.43rumors.com/new-slr-magic-25mm-f0-95-lens/

Am I missing other samples there than those chart shots? The Nokton is not even focused on the chart wide open, so that comparison is rather meaningless. Other than that, there seem to be little difference between them. My main concern is if the SLR Magic will be as well built as the Voigtlander, given that I expect its price to be similar. It's going to be a tough sell I think - they should have better worked on a longer focal, for portraiture (45/0.95). The MFT platform already has two excellent 25mm primes.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanielT74 wrote:
Yes, I am thinking of centre performance. The bokeh on the Xenon becomes more "normal" when stopped down. I thinking not all pics above are wide open. The Xenon is great at CA and contrast when the light is gentle but suffers from veiling glare.

The purpose of that lens IS to be shot wide open Wink
Steve Huff uses ND filters in daylight.
Great lens => Great price.
(Perhaps, one day...)

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurentiu Cristofor wrote:

Am I missing other samples there than those chart shots?

Those are the only samples, but it makes you think when you know they are from SLR Magic themselves.
I'm not a fan of releasing close to exactly the same lenses.