Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Silver fast 8 SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Silver fast 8 SE Reply with quote

I found a sleeve of photos I took last July and had not scanned yet. I updated my Silverfast 6.6 AI to the new 8 SE. I had stopped using Silverfast because I found the Epson V750 software easier to use and about as good for my purposes. The new 8 SE is so much easier to use than the 6.6 AI was. Almost as easy to use as the Epson software and better results (in my opinion).

I need to get the Scanassist glass plates soon. Do those of you that have them in 35mm and 120 like them? They sound very good to me.

I did almost nothing to these. Found the black point and white point in Silverfast, Zero sharpening and scanned as positive. PS5, invert, a TINY S curve and I do mean TINY and 35-40% opacity in a sharpening action I have.

V 750.
Canon Elan IIe.
I didn't mark the lense on the envelope. I used a CZ 2.4/35, Planer 1.7/50 T, something else and a Tamron 24-135 AF that day. No idea which these were from.
Fuji Superia X-TRA 400.
Scanned as positives.

My buddy Maxwell

Dudley and Maxwell.

The rock garden needs rebuilding.

Linda's plant ?.

Last edited by Schnauzer on Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good indeed Ron! Thank you for sharing!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful colors Ron, the silverfast made a good job
what do you mean by 'scanned as positive'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Very good indeed Ron! Thank you for sharing!

Thanks Attila.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
beautiful colors Ron, the silverfast made a good job
what do you mean by 'scanned as positive'

Thanks Poilu.

In the scan software you have reflective. negative, positive and maybe something else maybe (can't remember). I think you get more information when scanning as a positive then invert it in PS. If you find the black and white point in the scan software it will come out looking great. If you don't it will come out with a blue cast but just find the black and white point in PS and it will look right. there is a lot of debate over this. Just my thoughts for what its worth.