Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigmatel 135mm f1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Sigmatel 135mm f1.8 Reply with quote

dave_t wrote:
first post, looks like a great forum!
I'm looking for 135mm lenses in the M42 mount, thanks!

Welcome aboard Dave...One slightly annoying thing is this forum has a rule that you can only post images up to 900 pixels wide but apart from that its a pretty good place to hang out. Wink

Have you considerd the Sigma-made Sigmatel/Spiratone/Sun YS 135mm f1.8?

EDIT!: I recently discovered that the Sigmatel has completely different optics to the Spiratone so they are not the same lens:

I picked my Sigmatel Scalematic up on ebay in YS-Minolta mount (MD) but that was useless to me so simply bought an YS-M42 adapter to instantly convert it to M42 mount...Including the postage the Sigmatel cost under £60.
Despite its fast speed its not very heavy and its well made too.
Here are some unsharpened handheld samples...

@f5.6:

And a 100% crop:

@f4:

And a 100% crop:

@f4:

And a 100% crop:

Last edited by DSG on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know this rule please respect it !

Pretty amazing yes looks better than Takumar or Carl Zeiss Jena , I have this lens also and I love it too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this sigma look very sharp!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
If you know this rule please respect it !.

I did respect it but my attention slipped with the last crop pic as I did'nt notice it was over 900 pixels wide till I saw my reply had been rerouted to here.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!