Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

sigma YS 18mm 3.5 and olympus OM1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:02 pm    Post subject: sigma YS 18mm 3.5 and olympus OM1 Reply with quote

In 1972 both the sigma lens YS 18mm 3.5 and the camera Olympus OM1 were introduced.

A great combination!

Gr. pinkf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need proof.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympus had their own 18mm 1:3.5 rectalinear wide angle. People are paying 500 dollars for those. Not for the Sigma I'd guess.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
We need proof.

Yes, I'd like to see some sample pictures as well. Sigma made a whole variety of 18 mm fixed focal lenses, starting with the (supposedely) "great" early 70s YS and finishing with the early 90s 18 mm f/3,5 AF version. Inbetween, they made the Widerama f/3,2, Filtermatic f/2,8 and Ultra-Wide f/2,8 versions. I presently have the AF 18 mm f/3,5 which is a good but not great lens on digital full frame and I guess that the earlier versions were OK on analogue but have serious shortcomings on digital (fuzzy borders, heavy vignetting, bad bevavior against strong light, etc.). An I particularly wouldn't bet on the original YS version....