Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma XQ mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Sigma XQ mount Reply with quote

Today I received a Sigma XQ 4/200 lens from NewStuff (thanks Ali). Can someone tell me if this mount is interchangeable similar to the Sigma YS mount?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Sigma XQ mount Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Today I received a Sigma XQ 4/200 lens from NewStuff (thanks Ali). Can someone tell me if this mount is interchangeable similar to the Sigma YS mount?

Better than merely similar, I think. My best information is that Sigma XQ lenses have actual YS mounts. I'm just getting into YS, so if I'm in error I hope somebody will correct me.

I did recently buy an XQ lens. It has not arrived yet. When it gets here it had better have a YS mount, or else I'm toast. Smile

XQ series is predecessor of present day Sigma EX series. Should be a decent lens.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as an update to what I wrote immediately above:

My XQ lens arrived today. It's a beauty, in much better condition than seller had indicated.

But it has no YS mount I can discover. Seller never said it did, BTW. It has a (fixed) Nikon mount. Seller had advertised a Nikon mount. This error is on me . . . 100%.

Apparently, while many do, not all Sigma XQ lenses have YS mounts. Live and learn . . in my case, the hard way. Sad

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine appears to have a fixed mount too, in my case C/Y. I was hoping it was interchangeable as I have another Sigma lens with a M42 YS mount. I'll just have to wait for my NEX adapter from big_is. Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Mine appears to have a fixed mount too, in my case C/Y. I was hoping it was interchangeable as I have another Sigma lens with a M42 YS mount. I'll just have to wait for my NEX adapter from big_is. Wink

Understood. I'm happy this will eventually work out for you.

It's purely personal preference. But for me this XQ lens that just arrived is heavier than I enjoy using on my light weight mirrorless camera (Oly E-PL1). I mean, this lens is really very heavy, the farthest thing from cheap. I'd bet it's built of brass, not aluminum.

I had hoped to use my XQ, instead, on my DSLR camera, a tank-like Sigma SD14. Now it's going to take extraordinary measures to accomplish that. Sad

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which XQ lens did you buy?

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Which XQ lens did you buy?

Well, this MF lens forum is a large forum, with many nooks and crannies. Here is my thread on it:

http://forum.mflenses.com/sigma-xq-mc-mini-zoom-fixer-upper-priced-accordingly-t58455.html

It was a 99 cent "special". I'm the last of the (really) big time spenders. Embarassed

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the one with the YS mount. They seems making two version of lens in the same time(one with YS mount and the others are fixed).
http://mycameracabinet.wordpress.com/2012/03/13/sigma-xq-39-80mm-f3-5/

and the manual of Sigma YS mount.
http://www.butkus.org/chinon/y-s_mount/ys.htm