Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma-XQ Mirror Ultra-Telephoto 1:8 f=500mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Sigma-XQ Mirror Ultra-Telephoto 1:8 f=500mm Reply with quote

AKA Spiratone Ultra-tel

The lens elements diagram show rear group is 3 elements (of 5 total + 2 mirrors):

calvin83 wrote:
http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=255&t=2469228&p=1

The Sigma documentation included with the lens also specifies 5 elements in 5 groups.

I take mine apart to clean -- there are only two elements in the rear group(!) with air spacer between. I don't think anything is missing because lens is pretty sharp. There doesn't appear to be enough room for another element.

Can anybody with this lens please look to see how many elements are in the rear group?

Last edited by visualopsins on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:52 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Sigma-XQ Mirror Ultra-Telephoto 1:8 f=500mm Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
AKA Spiratone Ultra-tel

The lens elements diagram show rear group is 3 elements (of 5 total + 2 mirrors):

calvin83 wrote:
http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=255&t=2088911&last=26961253#26952670#26952670

The Sigma documentation included with the lens also specifies 5 elements in 5 groups.

I take mine apart to clean -- there are only two elements in the rear group(!) with air spacer between. I don't think anything is missing because lens is pretty sharp. There doesn't appear to be enough room for another element.

Can anybody with this lens please look to see how many elements are in the rear group?

The link you quote is the F4 version. For the F8 version, the sigma booklet shows the rear group behind the mirror consist of two elements. I cannot post the booklet here due to copyright issue.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: Sigma-XQ Mirror Ultra-Telephoto 1:8 f=500mm Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
AKA Spiratone Ultra-tel

calvin83 wrote:
http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=255&t=2088911&last=26961253#26952670#26952670

The link you quote is the F4 version. For the F8 version, the sigma booklet shows the rear group behind the mirror consist of two elements. I cannot post the booklet here due to copyright issue.

Thank you so much! I corrected the link in my message to show 500/8 page. The diagram on that page must be wrong...and the booklet that came with my lens is wrong too(!). My booklet has no lens diagram. I guess your documentation is corrected informations. Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: Sigma-XQ Mirror Ultra-Telephoto 1:8 f=500mm Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
AKA Spiratone Ultra-tel

calvin83 wrote:

Thank you so much! I corrected the link in my message to show 500/8 page. The diagram on that page must be wrong...and the booklet that came with my lens is wrong too(!). My booklet has no lens diagram. I guess your documentation is corrected informations. Thank you!

The diagram on the link is the Pentax 1000mm f/11 mirror lens. Both the F4 and F8 version has similar optical construction except the F4 version has separate front lens group.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Sigma 500mm Ultra-telephoto mirror Lens Reply with quote

So how is this lens?
I was looking at a Sigma 500mm f/8 Mirror Ultra-telephoto Lens.
but I already have and dislike my 500mm vivitar mirror lens. The longest I have in non mirrored lens is a 100-300mm Minolta MD lens, of a quality which i also don't like; So i mostly use my 200mm rokkor, with either the 300-s (2x) converter, or a Vivitar 1.5x converter.

I wanted to Avoid a mirror lens but might not mind if its of high quality since i wouldn't be using it too often.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Sigma 600mm f8 macro/close focusing in mint condition,rear filters,hood manual and original case.I rarely use it as I shoot mainly macro,anyone interested may PM me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Sigma 500mm Ultra-telephoto mirror Lens Reply with quote

RDM wrote:
So how is this lens?
I was looking at a Sigma 500mm f/8 Mirror Ultra-telephoto Lens.
but I already have and dislike my 500mm vivitar mirror lens. The longest I have in non mirrored lens is a 100-300mm Minolta MD lens, of a quality which i also don't like; So i mostly use my 200mm rokkor, with either the 300-s (2x) converter, or a Vivitar 1.5x converter.

I wanted to Avoid a mirror lens but might not mind if its of high quality since i wouldn't be using it too often.

The Sigma-XQ 1:8/500 is the best mirror lens I owned of several, including Spiratone...

These long lenses require fast shutter speeds or sturdy tripod!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope this answers your quest!

http://blog.dcview.com/article.php?a=AD0HY1QzBTQCYQ%3D%3D