Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma Super-wide II 24mm 2.8 on A7r At Closest Focus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject: Sigma Super-wide II 24mm 2.8 on A7r At Closest Focus Reply with quote

I purchased this lens for trips out with my A7r and wide angle lenses. It would be useful for photographing smallish subjects in the absence of a macro lens.

This hardy terrestrial orchid (Pleione "Rossini") has lots of detail in the flower.

Here, the FOV is ca 170mm wide, and the images with the flower small in the frame are uncropped. The cropped images are as I would present them. The aperture was f11.

The stereos are crosseye.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, I love the 3D!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small

Looking at 2nd and 3rd created some uneasy viewing for me; checking with Stereo Photo Maker revealed some distortions in all. How did you compose them?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Awesome, I love the 3D!

Thanks. I chose the 3D to enable closer examination of the detail captured.

kds315* wrote:
Like 1 small Like 1 small

Looking at 2nd and 3rd created some uneasy viewing for me; checking with Stereo Photo Maker revealed some distortions in all. How did you compose them?

I assume you mean 2nd and 3rd stereo pairs.

All stereos were made in Stereo Photo Maker with auto adjustment. That the third was from crops is not ideal and is not my normal practice.

I find no problem with viewing them and SPM always gives errors. I look at my own stereos daily and may make adjustments without realising.