Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma SD15 & Sigma Zoom 18-200 3.5-6.3 TT DC OS HSM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Sigma SD15 & Sigma Zoom 18-200 3.5-6.3 TT DC OS HSM Reply with quote

Found in my "warehouse" a old SIGMA SD15, which I have bought several years ago to modify the cam with bayonet made by Sigma Cum Laude to use it with Zeiss lenses. That was a big flop because the bayonet have had an additional glass within the bayonet with very bad quality results.

Since this time I never used the cam and found it now in the depths of one of my closets. In the past I bought also the above lens for a very low price - so I will take the cam/lens with me in my car without risk to loose an expensive cam.

Below few simple pictures with the combo above. Shot in RAW modus processed with Sigma Photo Pro.

There is nothing special with these images but I'm still impressed regarding the quality of this old Foveon chip together with the simple lens.

Wink

Rolf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find your post remarkable at several levels. First, your images are great, as is customary for Foveon images. Next, your unexpected discovery of an SD15 inside your own closet is mind boggling. I want a closet like that! I'm still nursing my much older SD14. It remains the best camera body I own. If I discovered an SD15 just lying around the house anywhere, it would be cause for week-long celebration.

Finally, your acquisition of any good Sigma AF lens at low cost is a miracle of good fortune . . . plain and simple. Such as that almost never happens. The high cost of those Sigma AF lenses was one impetus (of several) for me to get into MF lenses.

I'm happy you ended up not modifying your SD15. I believe that is for the best. It's a great camera body for those able to afford such luxury. Use it and enjoy it. Foveon photos are incomparable.