Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma 30/2.8 DN on A7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Sigma 30/2.8 DN on A7 Reply with quote

Has anyone tried this combo? how it works? I've read that can be used without the apsc cropping just removing the internal baffle... Question

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works great in a crop mode,like all other DN Sigmas that I have - 19/2.8 and 60/2.8.Even the largely postponed 16/2.8 looks much better on the A7 that on croppers.Image circle of the 30/2.8 is quite large and covers nearly the whole of 24x36mm format,so by removing the rear plastic mask one can get FF coverage with darkened and softened corners.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried to remove the plastic baffle, the vignetting is too strong for my taste, I've sold it Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick1779 wrote:
I've tried to remove the plastic baffle, the vignetting is too strong for my taste, I've sold it Wink

Same here, I tried it and whilst very sharp, the vignetting is too high, meaning you have to crop quite a lot of the image away.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and it's a pity since this lens is really good Crying or Very sad

I'm still waiting for sigma to make some good and cheap lenses for FE Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be surprised if Sigma decided to make fe lenses. The market is too small.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick1779 wrote:

I'm still waiting for sigma to make some good and cheap lenses for FE Evil or Very Mad

Me too!

And everybody I guess...

COME ON SIGMA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a shot with sony A7 and sigma 30mm wide open, with the plastic rear baffle removed :
https://www.flickr.com/photos/114394093@N05/15536760669/

( i'm also waiting a fe sigma lenses please )