Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma 16/2.8 Fisheye anyone ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Sigma 16/2.8 Fisheye anyone ? Reply with quote

Hi,

I've found this lens and know nothing about it.

How does it compare to Zenitar 16/2.8 ?

Thanks

Florent

Last edited by Flor27 on Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you found a good Zenitar copy that is unbeatable I know nothing about this Sigma.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

The one I will receive is the older version with integrated filter, not this one; but I guess it's only a mechanical redesign.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry no experience, but I look forward to the results.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen one of these lenses at the Solms camera fair about 1 1/2 years ago, just some weeks after I had bought my Zenitar. So I left the Sigma and did not buy it.
The seller asked for € 130,- for the Sigma, which I thought was a great price. I think it's good to have two or more lenses of the same focal length, but two fisheyes I did not need.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens has arrived today, but it still in the parcel... more to come !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what sharp lens !

I didn't expected that sharpness for such an old japanese Sigma ! And it has nice flare resistance too, I think the multi-coating is good.

Some chromatic abberation (green and opposite purple) may occur in hard transition on capture borders only.

As for many ultra-wide angle, the focus can goes very near the front lens with approx. 10 cm.

Mechanicaly speaking, it's full metal constuction with 3 rubber rings for apperture (f2.8 to f22 with half stops), focus (120° turn) and built-in filters selection as suggest the "Filtermatic" : L-1A (UV), 80A (blue), O-56 (orange), V-48.

I have to find someone in my corner with a Zenitar to make some comparison shots that I'm curious to see !

Today ths sky is full grey so I have no nice capture to show; anyway you will find some 5D full frame & not resized tests here at f2.8 and f5.6 :

http://flor27.free.fr/forums/sigma_fisheye_filtermatic_16_2.8/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good tests Flor! Have you tried defishing yet? It certainly does seem sharp corner to corner at 5,6. Colour looks a little flat, but that is probably lighting more than anything.

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lokks very promising - sharpness seems very good and the CA isn't above what you'd expect on such an extreme lens.