Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

sigma 12-24mm with a lot of with dots in front elements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: sigma 12-24mm with a lot of with dots in front elements Reply with quote

hello
a friend of me have a sigma 12-24mm EX with a lot of with dots in front elements

i don't see this dots in other web pictures nor on any of my lenses.
Any idea please ?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly 'schneideritis' - apparently Schneider lenses are prone to this. The black paint around the outer rim of the lens elements fails and light / reflections enter the lens from the edges. I think the effect is more cosmetic, it looks bad, than it is bad for the actual image from the lens.

http://www.4photos.de/camera-diy/Schneideritis.html

Good article by Marcus Keinath.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you Lloydy.
the lens is a little soft, i don't know if it is like that normaly or because of this 'schneideritis' ( for example at 19mm f5.6 it is softer that my sigma 19mm 2.8 dc on my sony nex 6 ). I hope the 'schneideritis' will not increase more, the owner told my that the lens fall in water.