Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Shutter tester for shutter speed up to 1/1000th $14.99
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Shutter speed tester Reply with quote

fotofundi wrote:
Hi
What is the slowest speed it will test accurately?

1 sec okay I never measured slower.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Shutter speed tester Reply with quote

fotofundi wrote:
Hi
What is the slowest speed it will test accurately?

It's VERY accurate at 1 second. I've done tests at 30 seconds. Theoretically you can do tests as long as your have free space on your hard disk.

The thing is that not many shutters are accurate at long exposures. I tested an an electronic shutter and I kept getting readings of 32.5-33 seconds. I thought that there was something wrong with my tester and because the error was so big I decided to measure the time with a stopwatch. I figured that I would be 0.5 second off because of my reaction time to start and stop the stopwatch and I was right. I got readings from 32 to 33.5 by measuring with my hand activated stopwatch.

The stopwatch method is only to roughly verify the tester. You guys should try the stopwatch method for long exposures and you will see that it's off by approximately 10%. Smile You can use the stopwatch from your mobile phones. Wink

The shutter tester is just as accurate at 30 seconds and at 1/1000th of a second.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how important especially if you plan to use slides with folder cameras.
I got back Pearl III from C'lad I was exciting and didn't measure shutter speeds. I made only one frame with perfect exposition....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any tester left?

I have a bunch of old film bodies that need to verify.
Please send me a PM.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I still sell shutter testers and I sent you a PM

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vfmoto : do you still have/make the shutter tester? I am interested, please inform me about shipping to Netherlands as well! Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
vfmoto : do you still have/make the shutter tester? I am interested, please inform me about shipping to Netherlands as well! Thank you!

Hello,

I still make them.

Price is $14.99 and shipping the The Netherlands is $16.18 standard shipping or 18.64 for priority. Both have a tracking number. Pm me if you want more details.

Cheers,
Florin