Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Shutter tester android and i-phone
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Shutter tester android and i-phone Reply with quote

I just tried the "Shutter-Speed" app on my old cams.

Originally made for i-phones, it has been adapted to androids.
Installed on my android 4.4.4 the app seems to be ok, just by recording sounds of the shutter when operated.
What I find interesting is that the app gives metering corrections to do and that we can record these results in a file, naming it for each cam. So, on the field with one of our oldies, just have to check the file on the phone and adapt the settings due to shutter speed variations recorded.

There's also a plug which can be inserted into the jack earphones and measure the shutter speed using light measurement through the shutter when shot.

I ordered a plug and wait for it. I'll tell you what are the results in comparison with the sole sound recording.

Here is a link
http://www.photoplug.de/


PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had seen that for Iphone, have now purchased the Android version, as when i looked it was not available


PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Shutter tester android and i-phone Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
I just tried the "Shutter-Speed" app on my old cams.

Originally made for i-phones, it has been adapted to androids.
Installed on my android 4.4.4 the app seems to be ok, just by recording sounds of the shutter when operated.
What I find interesting is that the app gives metering corrections to do and that we can record these results in a file, naming it for each cam. So, on the field with one of our oldies, just have to check the file on the phone and adapt the settings due to shutter speed variations recorded.

There's also a plug which can be inserted into the jack earphones and measure the shutter speed using light measurement through the shutter when shot.

I ordered a plug and wait for it. I'll tell you what are the results in comparison with the sole sound recording.

Here is a link.



Which link you have shared here it doesn't work can please check and update it....thanks....


PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Shutter tester android and i-phone Reply with quote

jashuab wrote:
Olivier wrote:
I just tried the "Shutter-Speed" app on my old cams.

Originally made for i-phones, it has been adapted to androids.
Installed on my android 4.4.4 the app seems to be ok, just by recording sounds of the shutter when operated.
What I find interesting is that the app gives metering corrections to do and that we can record these results in a file, naming it for each cam. So, on the field with one of our oldies, just have to check the file on the phone and adapt the settings due to shutter speed variations recorded.

There's also a plug which can be inserted into the jack earphones and measure the shutter speed using light measurement through the shutter when shot.

I ordered a plug and wait for it. I'll tell you what are the results in comparison with the sole sound recording.

Here is a link.
http://www.photoplug.de/


Which link you have shared here it doesn't work can please check and update it....thanks....


Welcome jashuab

http://www.photoplug.de/ has the app links:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/shutter-speed/id560154244?l=de&ls=1 and https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plug.photo.shutter_speed


PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link works for me, but here it is in newer version :

https://www.filmomat.eu/photoplug

Now I have an Iphone 11 and it doesn't have a jack plug anymore. So I have to use it on my old Sony Xperia...
Sometimes I find that "progress" is counterproductive seen from customers point of view.


PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:

Now I have an Iphone 11 and it doesn't have a jack plug anymore. So I have to use it on my old Sony Xperia...
Sometimes I find that "progress" is counterproductive seen from customers point of view.


Got that right. One reason why I'm still using a 12yo laptop because of all the inputs it has, compared to modern ones that have maybe two --and no CD/DVD drive, either, which mine has.

I find it interesting that this app uses the sound of the shutter for measurement. I would have assumed it would have used the light transmitted across the shutter somehow. But I can see how using sound might have advantages.


PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:

Got that right. One reason why I'm still using a 12yo laptop because of all the inputs it has, compared to modern ones that have maybe two --and no CD/DVD drive, either, which mine has.

I find it interesting that this app uses the sound of the shutter for measurement. I would have assumed it would have used the light transmitted across the shutter somehow. But I can see how using sound might have advantages.

Hi Michael ! Smile

To be more precise, the app uses the phone microphone to register sound of the shutter, and you can buy the photo plug which, inserted into the jack plug, measures the light.

Have a nice day in Texas.


PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
cooltouch wrote:

Got that right. One reason why I'm still using a 12yo laptop because of all the inputs it has, compared to modern ones that have maybe two --and no CD/DVD drive, either, which mine has.
kinemaster mods
I find it interesting that this app uses the sound of the shutter for measurement. I would have assumed it would have used the light transmitted across the shutter somehow. But I can see how using sound might have advantages.

Hi Michael ! Smile

To be more precise, the app uses the phone microphone to register sound of the shutter, and you can buy the photo plug which, inserted into the jack plug, measures the light.

Have a nice day in Texas.


Thanks Olivier for sharing informing about this app, sharing the links and explaining how it works. i appreciate your support.


PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks interesting though it wont be any good for my bottom loaders for speeds above 1/30th, nor could I use the photo plug on my phone. they need to make a new type


PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: Shutter tester android and i-phone Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
I just tried the "Shutter-Speed" app on my old cams.

Originally made for i-phones, it has been adapted to androids.
Installed on my android 4.4.4 the app seems to be ok, just by recording sounds of the shutter when operated.
What I find interesting is that the app gives metering corrections to do and that we can record these results in a file, naming it for each cam. So, on the field with one of our oldies, just have to check the file on the phone and adapt the settings due to shutter speed variations recorded.

There's also a plug which can be inserted into the jack earphones and measure the shutter speed using light measurement through the shutter when shot.

I ordered a plug and wait for it. I'll tell you what are the results in comparison with the sole sound recording.

Here is a link




The link you have shared is invalid Null's Brawl Apk


PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Shutter tester android and i-phone Reply with quote

Anabella128 wrote:
Olivier wrote:
I just tried the "Shutter-Speed" app on my old cams.

Originally made for i-phones, it has been adapted to androids.
Installed on my android 4.4.4 the app seems to be ok, just by recording sounds of the shutter when operated.
What I find interesting is that the app gives metering corrections to do and that we can record these results in a file, naming it for each cam. So, on the field with one of our oldies, just have to check the file on the phone and adapt the settings due to shutter speed variations recorded.

There's also a plug which can be inserted into the jack earphones and measure the shutter speed using light measurement through the shutter when shot.

I ordered a plug and wait for it. I'll tell you what are the results in comparison with the sole sound recording.

Here is a link
http://www.photoplug.de/




The link you have shared is invalid Null's Brawl Apk


Welcome Anabella128
Maybe you missed:
Olivier wrote:
The link works for me, but here it is in newer version :

https://www.filmomat.eu/photoplug

Now I have an Iphone 11 and it doesn't have a jack plug anymore. So I have to use it on my old Sony Xperia...
Sometimes I find that "progress" is counterproductive seen from customers point of view.