Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Shutter problem?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Shutter problem? Reply with quote

Can anyone diagnose exactly what went wrong with this shot?

This is from the first test roll I've taken with another Spotmatic SPII and the first 8 shots all have this problem. I'm pretty sure it's shutter-related but is it the first or second curtain? Interestingly, after 8 bad shots all the others are OK so I'm hoping this might be due to the camera not being used for some time, but I can't rely on it now. The camera is in nice condition but I'm not sure it's worth spending £50+ on it for a CLA.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At a guess...
Assuming travel is from L->R, I'd say the first curtain slowed down at the end of its travel.

Might be worth your while poking around with it yourself and I'm sure that camera repair forum will have an answer on such a popular camera.
http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/articles.html

(standard disclaimer applies)
ICOC, BTB.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave. I've been thinking of registering on the Camera Repair Forum, so you've given me the prod I needed. I think you're right about the first curtain, I was getting a bit confused which way round the picture is projected onto the film and needed a 2nd opinion.

BTW, you forget E&OE, what do the others stand for? Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:

BTW, you forget E&OE, what do the others stand for? Smile

"I could, of course, be talking ballcocks."