Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SHOW US YOUR CAMERAS!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject: Diana 151 - Original Reply with quote

Fun purchase from an auction. Not sure if I will use it or sell it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try one roll and then sell, you get better price when you can say it works.

btw I didnt know it was 6x4,5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Leicas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set of gear!
Congrats

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed Wink

S

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfhansen wrote:

My Leicas

Wait how did you light that photo Idea

Giant softbox above? How did you get the stuff on the bottom right to hover above the counter, without any strong shadow (if there was a light source under the cabinet).

I smell witchcraft Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No witchcraft Smile - i make a corner out of three white 40x40 cm plates and
flash the picture with the Godox TT350s with Diffuser

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhhhh white plates to the rescue! Wink

And just that small diffuser! Bounced of your celling right?

Either way, tasty! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

black and silver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's the Tamron zoom?

-D.S.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Sharptail wrote:
How's the Tamron zoom?

-D.S.

heavy Smile

actually it is nice to use, cant really judge iq because used in only with film

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locally found working black Praktica Super TL, still with a mercury battery inside with aus JENA DDR T 2.8/50.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:45 am    Post subject: Canonflex family Reply with quote

Here are some shots of the Canonflexes I have collected. I find them to be sturdy, well-engineered, and very pretty to look at it! With a stronger lens line up on release, winder capability, and a standard top-mounted film advance, the Canonflex might have given the Nikon F a run for its money!

Here's the whole family - the original Canonflex is up front in the middle. It's upscale follow-up, the R2000 with 1/2000 top shutter speed is in rear center. Both these models had exchangeable finders. The later, fixed pentaprism models are the RM with the on-board meter on the left and the RP with no meter on the right

Here's a shot of the original Canonflex with it's mag finder and dedicated bellows. Mounted on the bellows is the 100mm f/3.5, a fine Canon RF lens which was remounted and sold as an "R" lens.

Here is the R2000 with the beautiful f/1.2 normal lens and the clip-on, but shutter speed linked meter - later to become the FL lens of the same focal length and speed.

This is a view of the R2000's top deck - very nicely laid out and uncluttered due to the lack of a wind lever.

Here is the bottom wind lever of the R2000

This is the R2000 in its original case and box. Note that you got a whole kit here: body, lens, meter, case, strap - the works!

Hope you all enjoy!

Happy Holidays!

Paul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject: Nikon F w/bellows and 135mm f/4 lens Reply with quote

Here is a nice Nikon F with the original Nikon F bellows and Nikkor-Q 135mm f/4 bellows lens w/F adapter. The waist level finder is mounted on the camera.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject: Stylish Bosley Model C with flash gun Reply with quote

Very cool looking Bosley Model C TLR with flash gun. One of the few 35mm TLRs. An under appreciated camera.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens on it.
Is that coatings, or just reflections on the glass?

_D.S.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey There -thanks for the reply! It is a nice lens - and it looks like a blue/purple AR coating to me. Probably single coated. The attached ad for the camera describes it as such.

Best, Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Canonflex family Reply with quote

pdccameras wrote:
Here are some shots of the Canonflexes I have collected. . .

Beautiful cameras - and very nicely presented! Thanks for sharing them.

Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last camera I bought was a Navax 35. Takes LTM or Paxette with the adaptor supplied

lenses

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice camera! That Navax is a rare one. The wind lever looks like it winds on towards the front of the camera - peculiar!

Thanks for sharing.

Paul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An FT-2 in excellent condition.
I thought I had quit buying film cameras Rolling Eyes
I paid a bit more than I should have, but this has a bit of an emotional attachment to it.
My first camera was a Nikkormat FT-2.

Another f2 50mm nikkor. This one is a long prong, 5 screw variant that I have not seen before.

Camera top plate showing the usual nikkormat layout with new to this model built-in hot shoe and plastic tipped film advance lever.

There's the 50mm nikkor dismounted, showing the long prong.
Camera came complete with it's viewfinder eye-piece ring and glass insert.
I'm not seeing many nikkormats with this eye-piece intact on the camera.
Wonder if they are being pirated for the F2...

-D.S.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Sharptail wrote:
An FT-2 in excellent condition.
I thought I had quit buying film cameras Rolling Eyes
I paid a bit more than I should have, but this has a bit of an emotional attachment to it.
My first camera was a Nikkormat FT-2.

Some years ago I found two of those at local shops - one of them is still in working oder, the other one has a jammed shutter. Both are looking pretty nice, though Wink

Doc Sharptail wrote:

Another f2 50mm nikkor. This one is a long prong, 5 screw variant that I have not seen before.

Sounds like a hardcore collector !!

Doc Sharptail wrote:

Camera came complete with it's viewfinder eye-piece ring and glass insert.
I'm not seeing many nikkormats with this eye-piece intact on the camera.
Wonder if they are being pirated for the F2...

I wasn't aware the the eye-pice ring & glass are so rare ... one of my cameras has it, the other one doesn't ...

S

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:

Sounds like a hardcore collector !!

I am no where near a hardcore collector, mostly because I can't afford to be.
I consider myself a seriously learning enthusiast, even at this late stage of the game.

stevemark wrote:

I wasn't aware the the eye-pice ring & glass are so rare ... one of my cameras has it, the other one doesn't ...
S

I am in a similar situation with my F-2's. Only one has the complete eye-piece.
I think the FE/FM eye-piece may fit, but I'm beginning to see those cameras missing eye-pieces as well Razz

Edit: I should add that the above images were taken with another nikkor 50mm f2 on the D-810, at f8 and minimum focus distance. Wink

-D.S.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Sharptail wrote:

Doc Sharptail wrote:

Edit: I should add that the above images were taken with another nikkor 50mm f2 on the D-810, at f8 and minimum focus distance. Wink

-D.S.

I'm always astonished how badly the CaNikon DSLRs are dealing with shadows.
It certainly isn't a problem of their respective sensors (the Canon 5DRS being an exception), but then ...
I would rather expect "good" JPGs straight out of such an expensive camera.

A big difference to what I get out the A900, which is a 2008 (!) DSLR.

S

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kind of thing comes down so much to opinion.
The camera is certainly capable of better, and there are examples of proper shadow rendition with this lens and camera posted elsewhere here.

This is the kind of image that results with no user input into the camera- simple "A" operation in extremely harsh lighting.
I was still very excited over the FT-2 purchase here, and tripped over myself getting images of it made.

I am still experimenting with metering modes as well. I think the camera was set for spot metering here (IIRC), and there was little in the way of allowance for exposure.

I would take a look at the operator's methods before laying blame to the camera...

I am still finding out how much the ex-speed-4 sensor corrects for, and it turns out it's actually quite a bit.

-D.S.