Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Show Some lenses from your collections ...pancolars,sonnars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Show Some lenses from your collections ...pancolars,sonnars Reply with quote

Please show us max three items from your collection what about you are so proud... I guess this is a great chance for us to see some rare and nice lenses. Also very good to know why you selected these three.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great idea, Attila.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benefits to living in an ex-communist country.
I have 4 pcs Pancolar 80mm f1.8 MC M42
Gallery

A superb lens Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 18cm T coated I have two copies from this version and three 180mm labeled.
Gallery

Meyer-Optik Görlitz Priomotar 18cm f3.5 Pre-War lens, I never seen any other copy from this lens.
Gallery

Last edited by Attila on Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:01 am; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, these are rare!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful collection Seymore!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice idea, Attila!

But only three? That's hard...

I guess that would be the Nikkor-S.C 1.2/55, because it is a great lens and has my initials...

...the Nikkor-H 1.8/85, because it is perhaps is the best lens I have...

...and the Leica Elmarit-R 2.8/35, because I am completely thrilled by both its performance and its handling.

But then these items also make to proud to have them:
- Nikkor-N.C Auto 2.8/24 (because its a great lens, a very useful focal length and it bears the initials of my and my wife's first names.)
- Nikkor-O 2.0/35 (because its a great performer.)
- Rollei Planar SL 1.8/50 (because it also performs well and it looks fantastic.)
- Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 4/135 1Q (because it was rebuilt and refit to EOS by a Zeiss mechanic and thus probably is a unique lens.)
- Soligor MC 3.5/70-220 Macro (because it is one of the best zoom lenses I have ever used and I have never seen another copy.)
- Tokina AT-X Pro 1:4/12-24 DX Asph. (because it opened the world of superwide angle photography for me.)
- Sigma DC 1:2.8-4.5/17-70 SLD Macro (because it is an excellent everyday-allround-lens.)
- my rangefinder cams (because they are fun to use.)
- the set Zenit EM, Spotmatic and Canon EF-M (because they brought back the fun of shooting on film.)

and of course my Canon EOS 350D, because it started the whole thing!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Benefits to living in an ex-communist country.
I have 4 pcs Pancolar 80mm f1.8 MC M42
Gallery

I feel shocked! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is a nice set of Pancolar 1.8/80. I guess it is not too boastful to say that not many persons have such a collection of these Pancolars!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Laughing Thanks!

Man you are so greedy with those 80/1.8 Very Happy
Give me your adress 'cause I'm planning a burglary!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The three lenses I am most proud of?

First of all, the Fujinon-SW S f:5.6 50mm. It's a superwide for the Fuji G690 camera series. Like a 21mm but on 6x9 format. As it is not a retrofocus lens (the Fuji G690 are rangefinder cameras), the distortion is negligible. This lens is also very sharp. It is certainly the rarest of all my lenses.

Here are two pictures taken with this lens:

Second and third are two soft focus lenses (I am very fond of those lenses): the Tamron SP 70-150/2.8 Adaptall 2 and the Fujinon 85/4 "tea strainer" M42 lens.

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abbazz, these are indeed some very special lenses!
Did I mention that I kind of envy you for your Fuji G690? But I mean that in a positive way.
One day...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish to get that Tamron !! Great lenses!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow Abbazz, have you sleep in this hamac... beautiful beach

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
wow Abbazz, have you sleep in this hamac... beautiful beach

I took a few naps in this hammock, which was located right in front of my bungalow. This beach is a great place indeed. It is named Teluk Kalong Kecil and is located on Redang Island, off the East coast of peninsular Malaysia, in Terengganu State. Here's a link to a site about the island:
http://www.redangisland.com/Introduction.htm

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know we all live in great areas of the world one way or another. A largely fortunate group of people with this one common thread. Shocked Shocked Shocked

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have much of a collection, but these are the 3 I am most proud of....

Tamron SP 90mm f2.5....my 1st MF lens, very sharp and great to use!

Nikkor 180mm f2.8 ED ...ok so its not MF but its my pride and joy...

Soligor 70-220mm f3.5 Macro... my newest addition. Not really had the weather to try it yet, but i love it already...very sharp macro for such a big lens!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Hooper!

I see you got (and like) the "Soligor Monster". Great lens, isn't it?
I hope you can confirm my enthusiasm, because I believe that hardly anybody believes me when I tell so many good things about this lens... Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lucis! Its a fantastic lens! being christmas, i haven't really had time to go outdoors with it yet, but i have had a play with the macro and I am very impressed! It very very sharp, even at a 100% crop which some dedicated macro lenses would struggle to achieve.

Yes, its massive and an absolute monster but I think it will be a great item in my little collection! Even better thats its in mint condition and cost less than 2 euro!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooper wrote:
... and cost less than 2 euro!

This is amazing!!!

I got mine for € 30 and even I thought it was a bargain, well it was one!
It is incredible that you can buy this lens for so little money!
People should scour ebay for this Soligor, but nobody seems to know!

I was not sure whether to take this lens or not, but I had the chance to take some testshots. After I had seen these frames, there was no doubt any longer!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice start! Tammy and this Soligor are great lenses ! Have MF 180mm Nikkor also a superb lens you have good taste to select lenses.Congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know the Soligor, but have the other two and they are both great lenses. You're off to a cracking start

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only know about the Soligor 70-200 from a woman in the camera club. She RAVES about it. I was wondering what the big deal was with a zoom, but now maybe I'm starting to see why, based on what you all have been thinking about this lens.

I do know that she will be submitting images for our club's "comparison night" coming up. Also, she is one of the people who doubt the comparitive sharpness of the manual focus lenses over the newer "computer corrected" auto focus plastic fantastics.... Razz