Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Show off your rare lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, may I please advise to stay away in this thread from such comments.
It doesn't help anyone, usually creates at least discomfort or even strife.

Klaus, the Moderator talking... Wink

Last edited by kds315* on Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice.

Here is a rare Soviet PK mount 50/1.8 lens, and a 'rare' Chinese PK mount 50/1.7 lens. Both are quite good ones that takes excellent images. The Chinese one may not be often seen outside China.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Volna is not very very rare. It was lens for Almaz camera serie, pk mount.
The earliest models has normal marking "LOMO" without those triangles.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
This Volna is not very very rare. It was lens for Almaz camera serie, pk mount.
The earliest models has normal marking "LOMO" without those triangles.

Thanks. I also have the camera, an Almaz-103. The Volna brand 50/1.4 lens for that camera may be rare?
I saw an image of an early Kiev 5 with some accessary lenses that seems quite rare. A lens collector said that these are even rare than the Record 4 52/0.9? He owns some quite rare Russian lenses. There are some Soviet and Russian lenses collectors in China.

Has anyone actually owned and tried that huge GOZ 500/F3.5 mirror lens?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Soviet 20mm F3.5 lens for a Kiev 15 SLR. Since the Kiev 15 is quite uncommon, I guess the not often used 20mm lens is quite rare? It seems that a Jupiter-9 85/2 in this mount is also quite rare? I have a 135mm F4 and a 37mm F2.8 lens for thei camera.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those Jupiter-9M and Jupiter-12M are very rare, like the Rekord I think.
TOZ-500 was a prototype made by students, if I remember right.
Russar are usualy very rare, but there are many differents russars.

Mir-20 Automat (like Jupiter-9) is not rare at all. It's the cheapest Mir-20, easy to find on the bay.
I have an early one :

Here with J-9 and Mir-1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very beautiful lens images! Like 1 Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinese Seagull (Haiou) brand 500mm F5 MD mount mirror lens. Mine is defective. The image of the one on a tripod, and an image shot with the lens are brrowed from collector '老刘忙‘。A total of about 1,000 lenses were made. These are not often seen even in China.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is an Anamorphotic lens? I only saw an image online. The Chinese anamorphic movie projection lenses are often seen.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lens which compresses one image axis and allows it to expand later (1.3/1.7/2x etc.) to get this format:

( I shot that with an ISCOMORPHOT some years ago...)

Often used in cinemas for wide screen projection

Read about it here: http://forum.mflenses.com/anamorphic-cinema-lens---help-t62773.html

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply and links! So I understand that anamorphic and anamorphotic lenses are the same. The anamorphotic lens shown looks like an attachment lens with a very different lens element. I have a few copies of the anamorphic projection lenses that look much bigger and heavy. Many Chinese photographers used these to take pictues like what you did.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of early Soviet lenses. The Helios-44 58/2 for an early Start SLR is quite rare.(The one on the right) I havn't seen another one exactly like it yet. And an uncoated Industar-22 for early Fed-Zorki cameras that perhaps offered for sale once or twice a year only.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto Yashinon DX 2.8/100mm

..still haven't seen a second one

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tedat wrote:

..still haven't seen a second one

This is the first and only one that I have seen.
OH

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
A couple of early Soviet lenses. The Helios-44 58/2 for an early Start SLR is quite rare.(The one on the right) I havn't seen another one exactly like it yet. And an uncoated Industar-22 for early Fed-Zorki cameras that perhaps offered for sale once or twice a year only.

I see sometime 000xxxx Helios-44 for start, but I never noticed difference with more recent one. Now I see Smile, thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Tedat wrote:

This is the first and only one that I have seen.
OH

before I got it I was pretty sure this lens never was build.. Very Happy

Another lens I haven't seen again:

I know there is the Tele-Tessar 3.5/200mm for Contax and the Tele-Tessar 4/200mm for Rollei, but this is a Tele-Tessar 3.5/200mm for Rollei and not even mentioned on the web.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing, and congratualtions! Like 1 You must know the Yashica lens line very well to recognize such a rare piece. I would have no idea how rare it is if I saw it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a rarely seen vintage Chinese SLR with a rarely seen lens. I don't know how many were made, but one in this condition is quite hard to find. Laugh 1 The lens is also very sharp!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When hunting rare photographic gears, I also sometimes branched out to something else like Microscopic items. Here are a couple of very rare Chinese polarising microscope objectives made since late 1950's. These are Carl Zeiss Jena copies, or perhaps real CZJ products with a Chinese name as, IMHO, China had no such capability to produce such high-tech items by itself in early 1950's. You can find exactly the same objectives on a Carl Zeiss GFL microscope of 1950's.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more Carl Zeiss Jena objectives. These are infinity corrected dry series lenses for a special microscope with an uncommon M19 mount. The 60X Apochromat one has a NA value of 0.95 that is approching theoretical limit! I heard that these were not very successful products of the company so that they were not made in large numbers. I have limited knowleadge in these professional fields. I could be wrong. However, these could be used as beautiful paper weights nevertheless.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My rarest lens (I've never seen another IRL) is my Hartblei Super-Rotator 45mm f3.5 tilt-shift.

It's a marvellous piece of engineering.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
Thanks for sharing, and congratualtions! Like 1 You must know the Yashica lens line very well to recognize such a rare piece. I would have no idea how rare it is if I saw it.

I collect Yashinon DX lenses and this was very hard to find.. fortunately it's not just rare.. it's also excellent. Smile

more common but still rare:

Braun Super Ultralit 2/50 for Paxette

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hartblei Super-Rotator 45mm f3.5 tilt-shift looks very impressive. I don't remember ever seen another one.
Like 1 Congrats

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tedat wrote:
kievuser wrote:

I collect Yashinon DX lenses and this was very hard to find.. fortunately it's not just rare.. it's also excellent. Smile

more common but still rare:

Braun Super Ultralit 2/50 for Paxette

Thanks for sharing! Thank you! Please post more of your Yahshica lenses. These are not as popular as Zeiss or Leitz lenses here in China. But I heard very good opinions about them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had promised a picture of the Vario Tevidon 15-150mm f/2, this one is in its original housing with motors for focus and aperture: