Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Show off your rare lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought these microscope lenses including Zeiss Mikrotar 4.5/45 and others as a lot many years ago. However, I never find out how to use them, or make use of them. It looks like these can only be used as some beautiful metal paper weights.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some soon to be introduced new Chinese lenses:

http://www.soupis.com/viewthread.php?tid=137013&extra=&page=13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
A Carl Zeiss Jena Tevidon zoom lens for public security surveillance. It can be used for those small format mirrorless digital cameras. The image with the camera was borrowed from the fleabay. I will show you a Chinese one later.

The 18-90/2 isn't the rarest Vario Tevidon. The 15-150/2 is less common, quite large and rather heavy. I've got both, sorry for the lack of image of it. A long time ago I tested its image circle. At shorter focal lengths it won't fill APS-C but at 150mm the image circle is quite decent, filling full frame IIRC but restricted by lens mount.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dickb wrote:
kievuser wrote:
A Carl Zeiss Jena Tevidon zoom lens for public security surveillance. It can be used for those small format mirrorless digital cameras. The image with the camera was borrowed from the fleabay. I will show you a Chinese one later.

The 18-90/2 isn't the rarest Vario Tevidon. The 15-150/2 is less common, quite large and rather heavy. I've got both, sorry for the lack of image of it. A long time ago I tested its image circle. At shorter focal lengths it won't fill APS-C but at 150mm the image circle is quite decent, filling full frame IIRC but restricted by lens mount.

Yes, The 15-150/2 is much less often seen. I guess these could be used on a digital 16mm format movie camera with excellent results. I have seen people using Tevidon primes with very good results. I have also modded a 70/2.8 to M42 mount for fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This 18-90mm vignettes quite a bit as Dick already stated, I have it too, sits around unused.
On 16mm film format it should work well, though. It can be converted to c-mount quite easily,
as all the other Tevidons with that special bajonet mount.

Last edited by kds315* on Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenses for Shenlong 6x8 cm medium format cameras. These are quite sharp lenses with a M39 screw mount. I don't have the camera.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People today don't use these special effect accessary lenses vey often as the did back then. China made lots of these type of lenses, and they seem quite rare nowadays.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
This 18-90mm vignettes quite a bit as Dick already stated, I have it too, sits around unused.
On 16mm film format it should work well, though. It can be converted to c-mount quite easily,

I also have a few fixed length primes, all with that special bajonet mount. The images shot with these lenses look a bit special too. Many people are very happy with them.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very rare never used Changchun made Phenix brand 35/2.8 lens in MD mount. Changchun has some leading optical research institutes of China. They also made some high quality cine primes and zooms back in 1980's.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

I also got one, I finaly managed to sell it not long time ago. I confirm very strong vignetting. But nice peace of glass.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
I bought these microscope lenses including Zeiss Mikrotar 4.5/45 and others as a lot many years ago. However, I never find out how to use them, or make use of them. It looks like these can only be used as some beautiful metal paper weights.

At least you can probably find a microscope adapter for the one in the second image. I know Minolta did make one of these for their SLR's but I am not sure what the specifics are for a generic adapter. I guess it's always possible to use the Minolta product and adapt to a mirrorless camera.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shenlong looks a bit like the Japanese Rittreck, though much different rack&pinion focus mechanism. Rittreck also had M39 mount though it also took lensboards.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

This isn't true unfortunately. All the Tevidon primes I know of have either a bayonet mount or a C-mount, and these can be exchanged easily by just unscrewing three screws. The Vario Tevidons also have a mount attached by three screws, but the mounts are not the same size as the primes, and the 15-150mm mount is a lot larger than the 18-90mm mount. I don't know of easily available C mounts for either Vario Tevidon.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
A very rare never used Changchun made Phenix brand 35/2.8 lens in MD mount. Changchun has some leading optical research institutes of China. They also made some high quality cine primes and zooms back in 1980's.

You mean, Minolta MD mount, right? Have you tested its performance?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teemō wrote:
kievuser wrote:

Right, it has a Minolta mount. The lens is defective, so I never tried it. The aperture is always at the smallest F22.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
The Shenlong looks a bit like the Japanese Rittreck, though much different rack&pinion focus mechanism. Rittreck also had M39 mount though it also took lensboards.

I have seen very large mural size prints of a few hundred people's group shot by this camera. I assume the lens is very sharp, although I never tried them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teemō wrote:
kievuser wrote:

At least you can probably find a microscope adapter for the one in the second image. I know Minolta did make one of these for their SLR's but I am not sure what the specifics are for a generic adapter. I guess it's always possible to use the Minolta product and adapt to a mirrorless camera.

I made a RMS mount myself to use some low power microscope objectives as macro lenses. The Zeiss Mikrotar 45mm F4.5 is a lens made for medium format microscope photography. It is a very sharp lens. Like 1 small I bought these objectives many years ago when they were still very affordable. A friend of mine told me that a city in Hebei province once sold used microscopes by weight!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
Teemō wrote:
kievuser wrote:

Right, it has a Minolta mount. The lens is defective, so I never tried it. The aperture is always at the smallest F22.

That should be easy to fix assuming the construction is similar to any of the Minolta lenses. It's probably a problem with the aperture plate between the spacer and the mount being stuck on something, or the spring has failed in some way. You say that it is possibly never used, so it might just be defective assembly.

Nice collection of scopes too!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two interesting Russian fisheye lenses. They give you a chance to try some exotic lenses at low cost. They may not rare.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

China made many movie projection lenses of various specifications. In recent years, many people found a new use for these lenses. They adopted these for taking pictures, and some performed quite well. This new wave has driven the price up, and some better qulaity ones are sought after by movie lens collectors.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A focusing tube for adapting a Great Wall 120 SLR's 90/3.5 lens to a 135 SLR camera. It is very usefull for enlarging lenses of 90mm and longer to focus to infinity. I have M42 and Minolta MD mount versions.
The other one is a 2x teleconverter for Great Wall 120 SLR in M39 mount. When the lens element group is removed, it can also be used as a focusing tube as it also has a focusing helicoid.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
A huge and rarely seen Chinese printing lens 900mm F11. It was made in 1988 according its s/n by Shanghai Camera factory.

A guy actually tried this monster. Wink The net weight of the outfit is 10 kilograms! He also found another rare APO 900mm F11 reproduction lens made in Fuzhou.

http://www.soupis.com/thread-117004-1-19.html

Last edited by kievuser on Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:

http://www.soupis.com/thread-117004-1-19.html

Restricted access. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I borrowed a few images FYI. The Fuzhou 900mm F11 APO is an uncommon 4g-6e design. It is the first time I saw this lens. It was made in 1983.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
I borrowed a few images FYI. The Fuzhou 900mm F11 APO is an uncommon 4g-6e design. It is the first time I saw this lens. It was made in 1983.

Thanks. Do you mean photolithography by 'printing lens'? If so, I guess the long focal length is just to reach a high magnfication for small circuitry patterns?