Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Show me your cropping skills.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Show me your cropping skills. Reply with quote

I took this picture the other day of a girl and her mother. It was a quick snapshot and completly spontaneous. Unfortfunally they would not both fit properly in the viewfinder Wink. So the mother got cut in half and the opportunity to redo it did not come.

So, is it too disturbing that she is cut? How would you crop this picutuer?

It is uncropped as it is now so there is no more I can add.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see nothing you can do Daniel
You can try the trick Luisalegria make with flying bird
Make a copy of the pic, flip horizontal then join
You will get the pic and its mirror
I don't know if you will like it but you will get a big laugh for sure Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
I see nothing you can do Daniel
You can try the trick Luisalegria make with flying bird
Make a copy of the pic, flip horizontal then join
You will get the pic and its mirror
I don't know if you will like it but you will get a big laugh for sure Laughing

Hehe. Well I don't care about the mother. QUestion is really, should i crop it so that she is completly removed? That would however also cut the hands of the daughter which is a shame I think.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the half face, though I wish there was 1/2 inch more of her... Probably the photo wouldn't improve if all you showed was her hair, though it may make it more surreal and strange.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
I like the half face, though I wish there was 1/2 inch more of her... Probably the photo wouldn't improve if all you showed was her hair, though it may make it more surreal and strange.

Yes, obviously it would have been better if she had looked more over her shoulder so that her head was a profile shot. But as I said, this was completly unplanned and just a shot grabbed in a split second. It's a shame really, because I really liked the way the kid looks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would go ahead and make this a "head and shoulders" image of the girl only, cropping out her mother AND the problem with the hands. Even as a head and shoulders shot, I think it would be outstanding of the little girl.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shot, Zewrak, I recognize the mom as the model in your other
series.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Equalize" ?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make it a portrait:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that if you don't like any detail in the photo make it more visible and this way let it play for you - not against you