Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

should I bit for this?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: should I bit for this? Reply with quote

Should I bid for this? I don't understand what the problem is. Easy to repair? Does it worth?

Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3APIC&viewitem=&item=250089366625&rd=1&rd=1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iris are relatively easy to repair - I had a similar problem with my Mir-20M and the service made me pay 50 EUR for the repair. Now will this be worth it? If you pay only 15 dollars then it could be a good deal for a person who lives in England - but he'd better know a good repair person that will not take him more money than what I paid.
But then there is the rub mark also... and it's not very clear from the photograph how it really is...
So, considering that this lens is a very common lens (found on Ebay every week), and considering that you will also have to pay for the overseas shipping, I would say: leave it there. A better deal will surely show up soon for this lens.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cosmetically this lens is in good condition , BUT it is SOLD FOR PARTS, there is a rub mark on or near front element and iris pin is missing. Focussing is fine and it probably can be used fully open as it is. It will be shipped with rear cap and scrap filter on front

If understood well seller not said iris not works. Seller said "iris pin missing" electric lens has a couple of pin for light metering. If I have right, that is no problem on DSLR and other analog bodies than Praktica VLC. If iris pin means little stick what close iris in auto mode, perhaps works fine in manual mode. Anyway this is one of the must have lens and very common on ebay, Origo has right buy a perfect copy from this lens. If you buy this, I am sure you will buy later a perfect copy. You will love CZJ Sonnar 135mm f/3.5 lens!