Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Shortest possible flange
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Shortest possible flange Reply with quote

Can someone tell me which of the Mirror-Less digital cameras allows shortest flange shooting? I don't mean original mount / lens combination. I search for around 5mm solution.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Shortest possible flange Reply with quote

Is mirror lock-up and/or destructive camera modification an option?

Do you need live-view, or would you focus via rangefinder?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any view if fine, mirror lockup is fine, i just need to reach 5mm and retain fast shutter ability. I have cracked few digital compacts for that purpose since they became dead when zoom is disassembled ;(. I am leaning toward Pentax Kx at the moment.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could get an early Kodak DCS. They are just basic film bodies with digital backs grafted on, so in theory you could modify the body to let you mount a lens right up against the focal plane shutter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodak_DCS_400_series wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty cool but i guess due to chip being pretty obsolete lenses with smaller image (diameter 1cm-1,5cm) wouldn't make photo of adequate quality.

How close to chip shutter travels with DCS Kodaks?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure, but the shutter-to-sensor distance would be the same as the shutter-to-film distance in a regular camera.

If you need a larger sensor, you could do the same operation with a medium format digital back...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intriguing?

That must be some lens?

May I suggest that the advice is good and maybe use a macro set up to keep both lens and camera back/sensor apart with minimal damage? Set a limit on one side so no scraping of the sensor. Cover with a black lightproof plastic or cloth.

Looking forward to seeing the results!