Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

shorter (~30mm) MF/vintage macro lenses?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Plenty here on my site: http://www.macrolenses.de/objektive.php?lang
"real" macro lenses that is. Short(er) focal lengths usually result in very high mangifications.

Oh wow, that's massive. And thanks for all the new suggestions everyone Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
piggsy wrote:

On m43 every 60mm macro turns into something that takes shots which look 120mm long, so a short one around 30mm just brings you down to around what the 50-60mm kinds of macros were intended to look like.

Yep, and quite down on your knees Wink

Ha ha Very Happy

But yeah, I have the M.Zuiko 60 2.8, two 90s now (if anyone wants yet another Tokina at-x 90 2.5 vs freshly absurdly expensively professionally cleaned and repaired Vivitar s1 90 2.5 comparison I am equipped to do one Very Happy), the Vivitar 135 2.8 Close Focusing, and the OM 2xmftc for the s1 90 and s1 135 making them even longer. Not so much down low - actually now I remember, I have the Samyang 7.5mm 3.5 fisheye, which focuses pretty ridiculously close, but doesn't really give you a lot of magnification out of it.

From the Lumix AF 30 review earlier -

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panasonic_Lumix_G_Macro_30mm_f2-8_H_HS030E/sample_images.shtml

the shots look nice, and while you do seem to end up with some very short distances for 1:1 that can give self-shadowing behaviour, as the guy says in it - you don't always need every single shot at 1:1, even just a bit back from that for framing or whatnot is fine. And 30mm seems more agreeable as something to carry around on my little E-PM2 just for taking every day photos at normal/infinity distances than any of my absurdly long ones. Those are basically "put the flash bracket and grip on the E-P5 and rest your arms every now and again" Very Happy