Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Shooting the collection on A7(r) :)
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Shooting the collection on A7(r) :) Reply with quote

Please feel free to join me, with your collection, as I shoot mine on the new Sony Full Frame.

Knowing the value of a value, here at Mf Lenses, I'll start with my (free to me) 60USD nikkor 55/3.5, which I took out for the first time today:


DSC03065 by unoh7, on Flickr


DSC03080-2 by unoh7, on Flickr

Smile


PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

collective thread is a good idea!

Some samples, some of them not very good but maybe interesting anyway

All with A7:

Zeiss ZM Classic Sonnar 50/1.5 wide open


Samyang 85/1.4 wide open at min. focus, ISO6400 1/30s


Samyang 14/2.8


New Sony 28-70 Kit lens


Leica Summicron-M 50/2, at tad frontfocused


Last edited by ForenSeil on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total


PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few pics from my first day with the A7 and good weather


Contax Vario Sonnar 3.4/35-70









all a bit underexposed and I should have DRO turned on.. but I like them anyway Smile


PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vario Sonnar is awesome.
You're a lucker, I haven't seen the sun since I have the A7


PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome guys! I love it!

Soligor 135/2 @f/2


DSC03234-2 by unoh7, on Flickr


DSC03243 by unoh7, on Flickr


DSC03267 by unoh7, on Flickr


PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the CV 35/1.4 on the A7r Smile


DSC03384 by unoh7, on Flickr


DSC03387 by unoh7, on Flickr


DSC03404 by unoh7, on Flickr


DSC05752-2 by unoh7, on Flickr


DSC03423 by unoh7, on Flickr

One nice thing about the A7s is 1/8000, which means I can use f/1.4 in very bright conditions, as in the last shot Smile


PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:

You're a lucker, I haven't seen the sun since I have the A7


the sun was there just one day since I got the A7 and what was even more luck.. I was on vacation this day Very Happy






(NEX-5N was used for those both)


PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll join with a couple of pictures from the A7


Canon FDn 85 1.2 @1.2 Resize and sharpen


1


2


3


Last edited by Omar on Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total


PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW... especially number 2 is impressive Shocked


PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tedat wrote:
WOW... especially number 2 is impressive Shocked


+1 50mm, 85mm?!?


PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
Tedat wrote:
WOW... especially number 2 is impressive Shocked


+1 50mm, 85mm?!?


85mm


PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I had the canon LTM 50/1.8: my copy has some haze.


DSC03649 by unoh7, on Flickr


DSC03656-2 by unoh7, on Flickr


DSC03679-3 by unoh7, on Flickr


DSC03688 by unoh7, on Flickr


DSC03719 by unoh7, on Flickr

Imagine a good copy!

these are easy to find and run around 125USD


PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now we're cookin' with gas!


PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhoh7 wrote:
I love the CV 35/1.4 on the A7r Smile


..may i ask which adapter you are using..?
..i have a canon 1.5/35mm that should be quite similar in handling to the voigt, but my adapter m39 gives me some hard vignetting in the corners which cant be the lenses fault..

..thx a lot..


PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psy501 wrote:
uhoh7 wrote:
I love the CV 35/1.4 on the A7r Smile


..may i ask which adapter you are using..?
..i have a canon 1.5/35mm that should be quite similar in handling to the voigt, but my adapter m39 gives me some hard vignetting in the corners which cant be the lenses fault..

..thx a lot..


The canon linkage will vignette on some LTM adapters which don't "stop" in the right place. One way around that is to use an M adapter and one of the LTM to M rings.

I just ordered a Hawls v3 close focus M adapter I'll be using mostly, but the 20 buck M adapters are fine. They do go past infinity.

Hawks v2.5 and earlier do vignette on some lenses.


PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhoh7 wrote:
psy501 wrote:
uhoh7 wrote:
I love the CV 35/1.4 on the A7r Smile


..may i ask which adapter you are using..?
..i have a canon 1.5/35mm that should be quite similar in handling to the voigt, but my adapter m39 gives me some hard vignetting in the corners which cant be the lenses fault..

..thx a lot..


The canon linkage will vignette on some LTM adapters which don't "stop" in the right place. One way around that is to use an M adapter and one of the LTM to M rings.

I just ordered a Hawls v3 close focus M adapter I'll be using mostly, but the 20 buck M adapters are fine. They do go past infinity.

Hawks v2.5 and earlier do vignette on some lenses.



..ha, thats the way i plan to go..thx a lot for the info..BUT i just ordered hawks 2.5 so maybe i am lucky as my m lenses are not longer than 50 mm and not shorter than 35 mm..otherwise i will have to change it to v.3..again, thx a lot..


PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will join this thread very very soon, I have LOTS of old lenses and by lots I mean whole sets of Contax; Minolta; Russian and Nikon AiS stuff.

I also have the NEX-7 + SpeedBooster and the A7R to compare too! Very Happy


PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grev wrote:
I will join this thread very very soon, I have LOTS of old lenses and by lots I mean whole sets of Contax; Minolta; Russian and Nikon AiS stuff.

I also have the NEX-7 + SpeedBooster and the A7R to compare too! Very Happy


Yes, please join Smile much more fun with multiple participants!

Here some wide open shots with Canon LTM 50/1.4


DSC03924 by unoh7, on Flickr


DSC03973 by unoh7, on Flickr


DSC03939-2 by unoh7, on Flickr

now at F/8:

DSC03960 by unoh7, on Flickr


DSC03967-2 by unoh7, on Flickr


PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhoh7 wrote:
Yes, please join Smile much more fun with multiple participants!

Here some wide open shots with Canon LTM 50/1.4

Going out today with the A7R, NEX-7+SpeedBooster, Contax Zeiss 50mm f1.7 and Contax Zeiss 28mm f2 "Hollywood". Very Happy

Next weekend I'll do the Contax Zeiss 35mm f1.4 & Contax Zeiss 85mm f1.4.


PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Leica Elmarit-R 135/2.8 wide open





With Nikon 180/2.8 ED wide open


More from that series:
http://forum.mflenses.com/leica-elmarit-r-135-2-8-and-nikon-180-2-8-ed-on-sony-a7-t63462.html


Last edited by ForenSeil on Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total


PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Elmarit looks really nice, has the snow melted? Laughing


PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
The Elmarit looks really nice, has the snow melted? Laughing

It has only snowed twice this year here and both times it was removed by rain within a few hours.
I hate the wather here... 0-7C, strong wind, daylight from about 9:00 to 15:30 (if we call this dull hazy light daylight Wink), ultra dense dark cloud cover without a single direct view on the sun often for months at once, and ice cold rain and drizzle nearly every day for many hours, coming not only from above but from the side and sometimes even from the ground due the wind Very Happy .
Today it was the best weather since weeks.

I should change my hobby from photography to kite surfing Wink


PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I arranged to return my A7r. A7 will arrive Wednesday Smile


PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tedat wrote:
ForenSeil wrote:

You're a lucker, I haven't seen the sun since I have the A7


the sun was there just one day since I got the A7 and what was even more luck.. I was on vacation this day Very Happy







You guys are mad Razz More like this Laughing


PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhoh7 wrote:
Today I arranged to return my A7r. A7 will arrive Wednesday Smile

why are you replacing a a7r with an a7?